cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not going to be applying for store card ever again...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not going to be applying for store card ever again...

within last month got store card for kays Victoria secret and gap... Now realize don't even know why I got them.. Get no rewards nothing.. I'm going to cancel those and just stick to regular credit card like I've been.. I probably haven't applied for any type of card for maybe 18-24 months and just this past month I did 4 cards but I'm canceling 3 store card.. Which out of the 3 only changed to Victoria secret card

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm not going to be applying for store card ever again...

@Anonymous wrote:

within last month got store card for kays Victoria secret and gap... Now realize don't even know why I got them.. Get no rewards nothing.. I'm going to cancel those and just stick to regular credit card like I've been.. I probably haven't applied for any type of card for maybe 18-24 months and just this past month I did 4 cards but I'm canceling 3 store card.. Which out of the 3 only changed to Victoria secret card

You live and you learn Smiley Happy In general, figuring out what cards (if any) fit your spending patterns before you apply will save you a lot of trouble down the road, or at least the hassle of having to figure out whether or not to keep it open, if yes then how to keep it open and how to keep track of it, etc.  Store cards aren't completely useless, especially if you shop a lot at that particular store, but it doesn't seem like the case here.

But hey, from reading your other posts you seem to be doing quite well for yourself financially anyways; you can absorb these temporary small losses!  Just remember to think/plan ahead in the future and you'll be good to go Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm not going to be applying for store card ever again...

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You live and you learn Smiley Happy In general, figuring out what cards (if any) fit your spending patterns before you apply will save you a lot of trouble down the road, or at least the hassle of having to figure out whether or not to keep it open, if yes then how to keep it open and how to keep track of it, etc.  Store cards aren't completely useless, especially if you shop a lot at that particular store, but it doesn't seem like the case here.

But hey, from reading your other posts you seem to be doing quite well for yourself financially anyways; you can absorb these temporary small losses!  Just remember to think/plan ahead in the future and you'll be good to go Smiley Tongue

Yea I'm not going to ever apply for just a straight store card if it's a store card that's like mc or vs I'll probably do it.. Should of did it with Best Buy. The guy that sold me the 2 TVs didn't mention anything about opening a card and get 10% off first purchase. I didn't even know when I went and got TVs. Notice today when I was in looking at apple products and home theater sound system

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.