cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm off the AMEX blacklist!!! Yay! They teasing me!

tag
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm off the AMEX blacklist!!! Yay! They teasing me!

I got approved 5 years post BK. A few get in sooner, but very rarely.

Message 11 of 22
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Got the same exact email. I have a PRG. Not to piss on your parade but I won't put much worth into the email.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 12 of 22
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I know I'm off the blacklist for sure because as a test I applied for Costco like 6 months ago and I'll damn if I didn't get a HP on EX with a denial leter lol'

Same thing happened to me back in October. When the second offer for the ED card came in the mail I decided to apply to see what would happen. I was shot down for my credit score. The only reason listed on the denial letter. Got an alert from MyFico for the inquiry. I'm in the garden to get my scores up and try again this fall. I had a CO with them back in 2001 due to job loss. There is hope! Smiley Wink

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 13 of 22
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well I just thought for a fleeting second I might be catching their eye, but a sore eye!! Lol... (Bk)... Someday I'll have the card again.. In 5 yrs hopefully with some nice backdatingSmiley Happy it was just nice to see an email from a prime lender. Haven't seen that in many years.
Message 14 of 22
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I got the email as well....it was a nice thought but not one I plan on taking a gamble on 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 15 of 22
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I feel so unloved, no email for moi.Smiley Sad
Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 22
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

I wish I knew if they would over look my BK even though it's just shy of 3 years

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 17 of 22
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
It's not a preapproval. It's just marketing like Nixon said, an "invitation to apply". Amex isn't bK friendly till like 7-10 yrs post discharge, I'm only 1 1/2 yrs lol!
Regardless.... I was happy to see it!!

In my case 1 year 7 months post discharge... 5 years 8 months post filing...

Ch 13 of course.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 18 of 22
907grown
Established Contributor

I got the email yesterday and haven't had the green card for even one month.... The tease is real! But I want the BCP and I will wait 6-12 mo regardless of what they throw my way!!

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 19 of 22
happypill
Valued Contributor

@Anomalous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:
I know I'm off the blacklist for sure because as a test I applied for Costco like 6 months ago and I'll damn if I didn't get a HP on EX with a denial leter lol'

Same thing happened to me back in October. When the second offer for the ED card came in the mail I decided to apply to see what would happen. I was shot down for my credit score. The only reason listed on the denial letter. Got an alert from MyFico for the inquiry. I'm in the garden to get my scores up and try again this fall. I had a CO with them back in 2001 due to job loss. There is hope! Smiley Wink

Is the thought that if the CO were a factor, they would have indicated in the the denial letter?  Good luck.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.