Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm officially done with cc apping

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm officially done with cc apping

I think haulingthescoreup said it best... Done credit hunting; time for credit gardening. Plus when I started apping it was u app & wait for the YOU'RE APPROVED are the 7-10 day message. Now it's we need this document u send it & wait. It went from getting your cards in a couple of weeks to getting it in a month are so. I started out wanting 3 are 4 cards but I ended up with 10. I'm now gonna sit & let my history built up & watch my score go up. Plus I was spending to much money buying myfico scores. Now I can come to the the site and read the threads of other people just getting started and hopefully I can help someone else meet they're goal of getting the cards they want.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: I'm officially done with cc apping

I am with you I9. I am going to freeze all my 3 CR's next week for 12 months so no more apping. I am trying to find the details from CRA's and then I'll freeze them all. I came long way from last August where I could not even get a secured card to now getting Citi Bronze with $5K CL.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully this time next year we can talk about how r CLI all jumped up to that $10,000 mark. Well I HOPE!
Message 3 of 8
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Yes, I9 I too am curious as to how they made there credit scores jump to the point where prime creditors are giving them high CL's.  Do tell.  I am to be apart of that club.
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 4 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You'd be amazed what happens when you just kick back and wait. When the last late I'll ever have in my life posted last May, my EQ dropped to 590. (I think it was 615 before.) 9 months later, it was 728. I haven't managed to GW off a single late. I am deeply fortunate to have been with USAA for 28 years now, and they threw some credit at me, letting me raise one card's CL crazy high and giving me a HELOC.

But I didn't get any CLI's from the other cards, didn't get any new credit other than the HELOC. I just paid everything down to nothing, paid paranoid early, and waited. Even without that high CL, my util would have been 1% or less anyway. And every month the scores went up, because almost every month, there was some sort of "birthday" --a new card got older, a baddie got a year older, an inq fell off.

Time will do an awfully lot for you, if you sit back and let it do its thing!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICK I'm still learning. I got 1 of my cards at $10,000 but the rest of them are stuck.I'm gonna try this patients thing and try developing a relationship with the CCC. I currently got 2 of my CCC that I got personal #'s I call when I got a problem. They even call me just to ask how I'm doing.
Message 6 of 8
NICKI183
Established Contributor

I9 I too have trying to "garden my credit".  There are some bills I have that only have $100 or so balances. Those need to be paid off.  I am trying to get all of mine paid down to zero.  I will utilize my 1 Cap as my day to day and grocery card- that is a short term goal.  I can say that I do have a lot of cards, but all have low CL.  I have learned so much from this forum is such a short time.  I wish this was here is 02 when I did my BK.
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I try to use all of my cards every month so the ccc can't have any excuses when I call for a CLI every 6 months
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.