Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm out.. app'd for a Target card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm out.. app'd for a Target card

Couldn't help it. I was buying about 170 bucks worth of stuff at Target today. "Do you want to apply for a target card and save 34.00 off of your purchase?" Dang it, I wanted another store card in the mix but was going to wait a few months since I just got the Chase this month! :0 Well, I did it and got the basic 200 cl... I guess it's better since they'll both age together. But that's it... No more credit cards for me!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: I'm out.. app'd for a Target card

AlishaR wrote:
Couldn't help it. I was buying about 170 bucks worth of stuff at Target today. "Do you want to apply for a target card and save 34.00 off of your purchase?" Dang it, I wanted another store card in the mix but was going to wait a few months since I just got the Chase this month! :0 Well, I did it and got the basic 200 cl... I guess it's better since they'll both age together. But that's it... No more credit cards for me!

Just make sure you pay it down before it posts to your CR.  That $170 kills the utilization on that card.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh yea I know. I'm just waiting on the card to come in now and then I'll pay it.
Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sheets and towels are being washed; name tag has been pulled off the door; your bags are outside in the ambulance pad. Smiley Wink

Congrats on the new card!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'm officially finished apping (well, until after the credit crunch and 750+ for the amex Smiley Wink) 3 primes, 2 store... I'm checking back in haha... well, do auto loans count? . . .
Message 5 of 10
NikJ4
Established Contributor

congrats on the card. I need to pay down my target card also. You should see an increase in the next few months.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea I read the target thread and most everyone saw some increases within the first few months. I'll start buying my baby's diapers/wipes there to put it to some use Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if I can go to Target and the pay the bill BEFORE I receive the card?
Message 8 of 10
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

AlishaR wrote:
Thanks! I'm officially finished apping (well, until after the credit crunch and 750+ for the amex Smiley Wink) 3 primes, 2 store... I'm checking back in haha... well, do auto loans count? . . .

Well if you could check in and out at will as the want arises to apply for new cards it wouldn't do much good, now would it? Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

dang it! I knew I should've app'd in dh's name .. now I'll never be able to check back in Smiley Wink

Message Edited by AlishaR on 07-19-2008 11:57 AM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.