Did you mean: 

I'm really worried.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: I'm really worried.

@myjourney wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
I agree, that's why you should wait. The lenders were pretty consistent with their reasons and all you can do is put time in between your last app. Whether that be 7 mos or a year that will depend on your overall credit history. There are people on this board that would not need to wait because their file is thicker. They do not water down their CS will inq's/apps that are meaningless.

You were not denied for baddies or util so you are handling your credit well. The one thing you cannot do is give it time...that comes with waiting.

+1 

I know its hard to wait sometimes but then again waiting can lead to more approvals with higher limits.

Always remember the golden rule 

Good credit is a marathon not a sprint 

A sprint will only set you further back

I've gotten this far by waiting.. about 89 more days till I apply. Which would be the first time since August. Getting a new wallet is making me excited about all the things I will be hoping to carry in them. 09Lexie I was not going to apply earlier than March, just so you know in case I was implying that I was.

Message 21 of 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
I agree, that's why you should wait. The lenders were pretty consistent with their reasons and all you can do is put time in between your last app. Whether that be 7 mos or a year that will depend on your overall credit history. There are people on this board that would not need to wait because their file is thicker. They do not water down their CS will inq's/apps that are meaningless.

You were not denied for baddies or util so you are handling your credit well. The one thing you cannot do is give it time...that comes with waiting.

+1 

I know its hard to wait sometimes but then again waiting can lead to more approvals with higher limits.

Always remember the golden rule 

Good credit is a marathon not a sprint 

A sprint will only set you further back

I've gotten this far by waiting.. about 89 more days till I apply. Which would be the first time since August. Getting a new wallet is making me excited about all the things I will be hoping to carry in them. 09Lexie I was not going to apply earlier than March, just so you know in case I was applying that I was.

Bravo I think it will be worth the wait Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Experian classifies inquiries on a monthly basis and drops them off at the end of each month, regardless of whether you got them at the start of the month, or on the last day of the month. Sometimes it may take up to an additional week or two as well for 2year old inquiries to fall off your CR.

So let's say you had 5 inquiries in March 2013. If you want the lenders to regard your inquiries as >1 year old, you will need to wait till 1st April.

Depending on which lender you're planning to apply with and the bureau they may pull, you may need to wait till April 2014, not March.

I actually applied for my secured card at the end of February of this year but did not get the physical card and activated the card till March.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.