Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm really worried.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I'm really worried.

So I'm worried that I might not get any of the cards that I hope for within the new year (silly me did a bit of an app spree which led in total to being approved for 5 cards in 2013. DCU approved of me for a card but I decided to end the application when they wanted me to send them one of my pay stubs.. so otherwise I would have had 6, but I was better off just having the ones I already had). I haven't applied since the end of August so I am on a good roll, which I hope works in my favor besides paying on time. I'm just hoping that by March 1st that all my hard work of not applying for a while and paying my bills on time pays off. I really just want the 4 cards that I have my eyes on, within 2014. But 3 out of those 4 companies (never applied for Chase before) denied me not because of inquiries, but because they said I didn't have enough history. I want Discover IT, TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa or Cash Rewards Visa , Chase Freedom Visa and Bank of America Susan G Komen Mastercard. I'm only planning on applying for 2 in March and then spreading out the other two applications.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm really worried.

Don't worry, be happy for all that you have already accopmplished.  By March you will have an additional 7 mos history, which should help your position.  what is your current AAoA?

Message 2 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Don't worry, be happy for all that you have already accopmplished.  By March you will have an additional 7 mos history, which should help your position.  what is your current AAoA?

Got my secured card in March, TJX rewards card in July, Got my Capital One card around end of July/beginning August, got my Old Navy and Kohls cards in August. So by the end of this month those two cards should be about 4 months old.

Message 3 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

What was the reason you did not want to send in your pay stubs? By the way... That is common with CUs- income verification
Message 4 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
What was the reason you did not want to send in your pay stubs? By the way... That is common with CUs- income verification

Because I was not aware at that time some companies want to see something like that. And because of the fact that I had gotten approved for 5 cards this year that I also had no longer been interested in having one of their cards.

Message 5 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

And I am certain those 4 cards I want within the new year are the only ones I want for now. 

Message 6 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Anytime you ask for credit, the lender may request verification. Even if after you've revived credit, the lender is within their right to verify your income. Amex does it in the nature of FR, Citi has been known to ask and so has Barclays.

I would suggest that you do more research on the types of cards you want to add -meaning the UW requirements and whether the card will grow with you. Although inq's fall off and new accts will eventually age-apping for cc's then being worried about approvals later can be avoided.
Message 7 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Anytime you ask for credit, the lender may request verification. Even if after you've revived credit, the lender is within their right to verify your income. Amex does it in the nature of FR, Citi has been known to ask and so has Barclays.

I would suggest that you do more research on the types of cards you want to add -meaning the UW requirements and whether the card will grow with you. Although inq's fall off and new accts will eventually age-apping for cc's then being worried about approvals later can be avoided.

I understand that sometimes you have to verify your income and things like that. I'm trying to find out what requirements do you need for the cards that I want.

Message 8 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would apply discover, chase, BofA, TD in thT order in a row right after another.
Message 9 of 23
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I would apply discover, chase, BofA, TD in thT order in a row right after another.

I was thinking of applying for Chase first (Chase has never approved nor denied me because I've never applied to this company before). I figured I'd apply for TD Bank second. Or should I apply for Chase and Discover in one day (I want to apply for two cards in one day and seperate the last two applications over a time period). I was going to wait either 3 or 4 months after applying for two cards to apply for another.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.