Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm receiving someone else's credit cards - probably fraud

tag
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm receiving someone else's credit cards - probably fraud

Just a final update about the latest - and hopefully last - development.

At around 7:30am a few days after my last post on this thread, someone shoved a torn notebook through our mail slot.  On a page of this notebook were several names and phone numbers and other concerning language which I'd rather not discuss here, but it wasn't specifically threatening.  The street was deserted except for a car that was about to pull away, and I ran outside to try to get a license plate.  However, he did not immediately drive away and I was able to confront this person.  He seemed a little mentally impaired, but again I did not perceive any particular physical threat from him.  My wife watched from the door, having entered 911 into our phone and getting read to press send.  I asked the person if he was the person who delivered the notebook, and he said yes.  He was wearing his driver's license in an ID pouch on a lanyard around his neck, and I was able to get his name and license number.  He said that his name had been compromised and that he was trying to obtain additional social security numbers because he wanted to get a job at the DMV.  I told him that he can't be dropping stuff at our house and that I can't help him with this.  Needless to say, I took the notebook down to the police station a short while later.  The police already had my prior reports about possible CC fraud on file, but they weren't able to draw a line between this person and those events.  I was informed that he has a criminal record, but it was for petty theft.  In retrospect, it seems like it was just a really weird coincidence, but at the time it was hard not to think that they weren't related.  After that day, we have not received any more strange things in the mail.

Message 41 of 42
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm receiving someone else's credit cards - probably fraud

Smiley Indifferent
@Lel wrote:

Just a final update about the latest - and hopefully last - development.

At around 7:30am a few days after my last post on this thread, someone shoved a torn notebook through our mail slot.  On a page of this notebook were several names and phone numbers and other concerning language which I'd rather not discuss here, but it wasn't specifically threatening.  The street was deserted except for a car that was about to pull away, and I ran outside to try to get a license plate.  However, he did not immediately drive away and I was able to confront this person.  He seemed a little mentally impaired, but again I did not perceive any particular physical threat from him.  My wife watched from the door, having entered 911 into our phone and getting read to press send.  I asked the person if he was the person who delivered the notebook, and he said yes.  He was wearing his driver's license in an ID pouch on a lanyard around his neck, and I was able to get his name and license number.  He said that his name had been compromised and that he was trying to obtain additional social security numbers because he wanted to get a job at the DMV.  I told him that he can't be dropping stuff at our house and that I can't help him with this.  Needless to say, I took the notebook down to the police station a short while later.  The police already had my prior reports about possible CC fraud on file, but they weren't able to draw a line between this person and those events.  I was informed that he has a criminal record, but it was for petty theft.  In retrospect, it seems like it was just a really weird coincidence, but at the time it was hard not to think that they weren't related.  After that day, we have not received any more strange things in the mail.

I read this whole thread and I'm just scratching my head...I've had a few CC's over the years at my current address for the last person who lived here, probably a auto renewal since I know they're not good with credit and don't pay attention...  they're not friends so to say but my father know them, also to mention ive returned there mail several times and saidthey no longer live here it still happens occasionally, either way this situation is weird......is like a understatement, like very weird...

almost as as weird as pulling a shotgun on a utility worker that broke your fence and was hiding on top of a item in your yard from your dog at 8:30am.... Smiley LOL

no. This takes the cake as VERY WEIRD..

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.