Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm scared Barclaycard will close my account now

tag
angel22
Established Member

I'm scared Barclaycard will close my account now

Hi, I got upgraded to the Walmart Discover card almost 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for the card to come, so it's not reporting the new account yet. Than, last Saturday, I applied for the Chase Slate and got approved. The inquiry is reporting, but not the new account. So, Thursday I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard and got approved! Except now(after reading through the forum) I'm scared my account will get closed or a CLD because of the 2 new accounts that haven't reported yet. What do you think? Thanks!
Capital One: $4500, Chase Slate: $1500, Barclaycard $1300, Bank of America: $600, VicSecret:$750, Walmart Discover:$2000, JCP:$1000, Amazon:$1900, and a few more store cards. As of 2/4/14 my FICO is 645. My Goal FICO:700
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Re: I'm scared Barclaycard will close my account now

I wouldn't worry. I got approved for my Barclay Rewards 3 weeks ago, then got approved a week after for AMEX BCE and Discover. Just use the Barclays and they won't CLD you, if they do, so what.....if you use the card and pay on time, that's all you can do. 

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 2 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@angel22 wrote:
Hi, I got upgraded to the Walmart Discover card almost 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for the card to come, so it's not reporting the new account yet. Than, last Saturday, I applied for the Chase Slate and got approved. The inquiry is reporting, but not the new account. So, Thursday I applied for the Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard and got approved! Except now(after reading through the forum) I'm scared my account will get closed or a CLD because of the 2 new accounts that haven't reported yet. What do you think? Thanks!

I would not worry about it 2 accounts are not going to kill it, all the AA info posted about them is overblown. Congrats on your new cards Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 24
angel22
Established Member

Thank you!!!
Capital One: $4500, Chase Slate: $1500, Barclaycard $1300, Bank of America: $600, VicSecret:$750, Walmart Discover:$2000, JCP:$1000, Amazon:$1900, and a few more store cards. As of 2/4/14 my FICO is 645. My Goal FICO:700
Message 4 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@angel22 wrote:

don't worry about something that may not happen. Just like how you wouldn't worry about when the next earthquake is going to happen. 

Just keep your utilization low and don't drag balances for the next 6 months, even if there's a 0% promo.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 24
tryingagain62
Contributor

I am rebuilding and got a Barclays Rewards card last August with a $500 limit. Since then I have opened quite a few new cards with a combined CL of $36.5K. Just recently at the 6 month mark, Barclays gave me a auto CLI of $1000 to a $1500 CL. I use the card a lot and make multiple payments a month. You should be fine.

Message 6 of 24
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@tryingagain62 wrote:

I am rebuilding and got a Barclays  last August with a $500 limit. Since then I have opened quite a few new cards with a combined CL of $36.5K. Just recently at the 6 month mark, Barclays gave me a auto CLI of $1000 to a $1500 CL. I use the card a lot and make multiple payments a month. You should be fine.

Tryingagain62...great story with your Barclays.....I was as well worried about Barclay after I got my AMEX BCE and Discover IT. I just told myself to use it and pay on time. That's all I can do. But your story just made me feel even better. Members here do BLOW UP BARCLAY too much.....The posts that I have read about Barclay CLD someone was because that person didn't even use his Barclay card....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 7 of 24
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@angel22 wrote:

don't worry about something that may not happen. Just like how you wouldn't worry about when the next earthquake is going to happen. 

Just keep your utilization low and don't drag balances for the next 6 months, even if there's a 0% promo.

Umm, didn't we just have a 4.1 earthquake in south carolina?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@angel22 wrote:

Umm, didn't we just have a 4.1 earthquake in south carolina?

And Southern California is "supposedly" long overdue for the next major earthquake that could potentially happen anytime now. Should we start selling all our property, shut down all businesses and evacuate the whole LA right now? 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 24
Stralem
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
And Southern California is "supposedly" long overdue for the next major earthquake that could potentially happen anytime now. Should we start selling all our property, shut down all businesses and evacuate the whole LA right now? 

YES.

Enjoy your Arizona beachfront property!

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.