Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm screwed and need help......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm screwed and need help......

I second the opinions that say get out of NFCU. They're your problem here. NFCU gave you insane amounts of credit and that's your real problem. If you didn't have the NFCU debt, you truthfull wouldn't be that bad off. Not to mention the fact that you simply have so much owed to NFCU that you are likely to burn them.

Consider a credit consolidation loan, as others mentioned, or a Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC), if you own your house. I would also suggest going to a financial advisor, because you appear to be a serial abuser of credit.

Message 71 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just trying to help a guy out of trouble that I have been in myself. Never posted before, and dont post on blog sites much at all. I was doing a search for something wholly different and came across his post. The kids begging for help, I'm giving him the easy and prudent answer to get his financial life back on track.

Message 72 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP mentioned they pay rent so no HELOC will be happening.

NFCU is NOT the culprit here. They did not make the OP swipe the card.
Message 73 of 78
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed... but it still boils down to NFCU handing huge limits out to people with profiles that don't otherwise support it.

We've seen many people here with a wallet full of 2k cards and a 15-20-25k NFCU account... sometimes more than one WITH a LOC. 

The horse is already dead I know... I'm just amazed at how NFCU doesn't make their members take baby steps... especially those coming out of BK... because my creditors sure as hell did. 

Smiley Wink

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 74 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

This topic is not about NFCU and their UW.
Message 75 of 78
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This topic is not about NFCU and their UW.

You're right.

It's about the OP getting in over his head in debt due largely in part to NFCU's retarded UW handing him CLs that his income doesn't support.

But let's just keep encouraging people to go for broke with the $25k CLI requests... LOL

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 76 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont post much on forums. I was searching an unrelated topic and happened to come across the topic. I have been in and known people in similar situations. Just trying to help someone out with the easiest and most financially prudent solution to his his problem. Its pretty obvious that he is in major distress.

Message 77 of 78
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Couldn't agree more. NFCU has nothing to do with the OP's predicament. 

Message 78 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.