Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so HAPPY :')

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I'm so HAPPY :')

I am soo happy!  I have been trying so hard to get some sort of positive tradelines on my credit and seemed hopeless since I couldn't get approved for a secured card.

I had applied for Bank of America Platinum Visa card after getting a pre-qual or pre-approval online (can't remember which) I received the letter in the mail yesterday and was denied due to lack of credit history.  I called to recon and talked to a credit analyst, he said pay of your charge off and we'll might approve you in six months.  But I had a feeling I should contact the CEO, which I did for reconsideration.  I received a call from an amazing lady that works on the card servies management team.  She was very personable and nice but tried to convince me to get the secured card and I kept declining (lack of funds lol) but while I was talking to her I think I was impressing her with my knowlege of credit thanks to this forum and we spoke of utilization, paying before due date to avoid interest etc. She asked that I email her a copy of my Aaron's payment history for consideration.  I emailed her and said I couldn't get it until monday and not 30 minutes later she called me personally again and said that I impressed her with my knowledge of credit and I clearly know what my goals as far as my credit is concerned and that someone needed to give me a chance and she wanted to be that person!

And she APPROVED ME for a $500 Bankamericard Platinum visa!   I could not stop thanking her for giving me the chance!  I plan on only using this for gas every month which is usually less than $50 (I work from home)

With this reporting along with Fingerhut when it does and Aarons I think I have a good chance at my dream, owning a home!

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I'm so HAPPY :')

Message 2 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats and may all your dreams come true

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 15
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Thank you so much! I have literally been trying to get some sort of credit since I was 18 and I am now 25 LOL

I can't wait to see how this will affect my score!

Message 4 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Your credit journey has begun!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 15
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

Ah it has huh?! Smiley Very Happy I am ready for the ride! 

She told me they are very generous with the CLI as well and they may automatically do it within 30 days ! Insane! If they don't I probably won't request one until the 6month to a year mark. 

Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to report? 

Message 6 of 15
Lkb273
Established Member

Congrats to you!!

Wallet: AMEX EveryDay $1,000 | AMEX Blue Cash $13,800 | Macy's AMEX $6,500 | BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards $18,000 | Citi Double Cash $14,200 | Citi Simplicity $8,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $5,100 | Discover IT $3,500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Chase Slate $10,000 | Chase Amazon $2,000 | Chase United $10,000 | Express Store Card $2,290 Overstock.com Store Card $5,800 | The Limited Store Card $1,000 | Ann Taylor Store Card $1000 | Crate & Barrel Store Card $10,000 | West Elm Store Card $3,000 | Z Gallerie Store Card $8,000
Message 7 of 15
TrishN
Established Contributor

feel so good huh? i know how you feel ^-~. congrats

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 8 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

Ah it has huh?! Smiley Very Happy I am ready for the ride! 

She told me they are very generous with the CLI as well and they may automatically do it within 30 days ! Insane! If they don't I probably won't request one until the 6month to a year mark. 

Does anyone know how long it normally takes them to report? 

Usually 1-2 statement cycles.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 15
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.