Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

Monday I used the membership eligibilty wizard of NFCU's website to determine that I was eligile for membership because my employer is one of the agencies listed. I funded both savings and checking accounts immediately. I also applied for and was approved for a cashrewards visa with a $5k CL and a Line of Credit for $7.5. Now they want to verify my eligibilty which is normal. I logged in my accounts only to see that I have been locked out and was instructed to call the 800 number. I do not have any type of access to my deposits which were large. I spoke to someone in the membership department that told me to fax her my paystub that has the agencies name on and and my work ID. I told her I would and I did. However, my ID as well as a few thousand others does not have the name of the agnecy listed on it. She told me that was weird and that she'd have to research this further.

I'm worried that my membership may be revokedSmiley Sad! I told her the name of the agnecy I work for was an avaialable option. Now she's investigationg and I have to wait to here back from them. I've already taken the hp for the membership, LOC and the visa. What do you guys think could possible happen next?

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
RemyWinchester
Contributor

Re: OH NO!!! Possible NFCU Membership Snafu....HELP!!

Possibly jail time for banking fraud, up to 6 months, but more likely just a slap on the wrist with a fine and community service, IMO

Message 2 of 60
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Orange jumpsuits are so in right now. Got to love the fall fashion.

I wouldn't worry, the biggest problem is no access to funds while dealing with this.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 60
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I think their security department is getting very picky about non-military member accounts.  Unfortunately, it may take awhile.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 60
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

Monday I used the membership eligibilty wizard of NFCU's website to determine that I was eligile for membership because my employer is one of the agencies listed. I funded both savings and checking accounts immediately. I also applied for and was approved for a cashrewards visa with a $5k CL and a Line of Credit for $7.5. Now they want to verify my eligibilty which is normal. I logged in my accounts only to see that I have been locked out and was instructed to call the 800 number. I do not have any type of access to my deposits which were large. I spoke to someone in the membership department that told me to fax her my paystub that has the agencies name on and and my work ID. I told her I would and I did. However, my ID as well as a few thousand others does not have the name of the agnecy listed on it. She told me that was weird and that she'd have to research this further.

I'm worried that my membership may be revokedSmiley Sad! I told her the name of the agnecy I work for was an avaialable option. Now she's investigationg and I have to wait to here back from them. I've already taken the hp for the membership, LOC and the visa. What do you guys think could possible happen next?

Does your paystub show the name of the agency you work for?  If it does, was this not sufficient for NFCU?

Message 5 of 60
nbknxf2
Established Member

Had a similar hassle when my wife and I signed up.

My sister-in-law is retired marines and she helped us become members by providing us with her access number.  As far as we were concerned, we were eligible for membership.  We established a joint checking and savings account and my wife established a savings accounts as an individual so that we could jointly apply for a refi of our mortgage later this year.  After funding the accounts (very small about),  I received a call stating that based on my credit score I was invited to apply for a credit card.  The next day I was approved for the credit card.  (new Visa Signature)  A week later, we received the debit and credit cards.  Activated the debit cards. No problem.  Tried to activate the credit cards.  Received a message that I must call in.  They wanted to see a copy of my driver's license, SSN card, W-2's, pay stubs, and tax returns.  My first thought was this is just to much of a hassle but I quickly reminded myself of just how well this CU treated their customers with generous credit lines and options.  A true banking partner, once you have achieved full membership.   It took about a week to resolve but it was well worth it.

Hang in there.  Provide them what they requested.  It is WELL WORTH IT!

Message 6 of 60
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Whereis750 wrote:

Does your paystub show the name of the agency you work for?  If it does, was this not sufficient for NFCU?

Probably because they are not looking for a "paystub" from the organizations that warrant eligibility.  They are looking for a "Leave and Earnings Statement" issued by the Department of Defense.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 60
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Also, anytime you open a new account with a "large" deposit with a CU or bank that you dont have a prior relationship with, they tend to flag the account for further review just to make sure everything is "kosher"

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope that everything works out for you!!!  I know how stressful it can be.   Hang in there!

Message 9 of 60
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Yes, my paystub has my employers name on it. My concern was her accusatory tone, like I intentionally tried to join fraudulently. When I told her the name of my employer and that I was indeed an option via their website she said that's not possible. I told her to check because she's wrong! I promptly printed the screen in case she says she could not find it. My agencies does not deal with the DoD. However, we are listed as an eliglbile organization.

Message 10 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.