cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

Established Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!


toppers555 wrote:

No offence nor meant to start a flame war but it pretty easy to say they are best when they are known for offering sub-prime members high limits, and offers  they would not get anywhere else. I am happy for those who have  joined, and are reaping the rewards, but to say they are best is a bit-stretched.


I don't believe that NFCU is known for "offering sub-prime members high limits". I don't believe there is anything sub-prime about NFCU at all. What I do believe is that this sounds like a case of sour grapes.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP


Message 51 of 60
New Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!


toppers555 wrote:

cableguy123 wrote:

i know this post is old but i gotta say this is one of the best organzations around. they gave me a 30k car loan at 2% a 80k car loan at 4% and a 20k cc and my dw a 18k cc if you cant get in dont be mad!


No offence nor meant to start a flame war but it pretty easy to say they are best when they are known for offering sub-prime members high limits, and offers  they would not get anywhere else. I am happy for those who have  joined, and are reaping the rewards, but to say they are best is a bit-stretched.


Probably not the smartest thing to say, grouping everyone who is with NFCU as sub-prime members. 

Message 52 of 60
Established Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!


BornSupercharged wrote:

toppers555 wrote:

cableguy123 wrote:

i know this post is old but i gotta say this is one of the best organzations around. they gave me a 30k car loan at 2% a 80k car loan at 4% and a 20k cc and my dw a 18k cc if you cant get in dont be mad!


No offence nor meant to start a flame war but it pretty easy to say they are best when they are known for offering sub-prime members high limits, and offers  they would not get anywhere else. I am happy for those who have  joined, and are reaping the rewards, but to say they are best is a bit-stretched.


Probably not the smartest thing to say, grouping everyone who is with NFCU as sub-prime members. 


I never grouped everyone with NFCU as sub-prime members.  I would like for you to point out where I stated this.  Nor did I mention that sub prime credit holders do not deserve decent credit limits.If you all can't handle a critique of an opinion, without  simply saying oh your just jealous,  then prehaps you should not be on a discussion board. Again I am happy for  people who are able to enjoy rewards, but in all honestly I really have no hatrage from not being a member of NFCU. I didn't make rules of credit game, I am merely stating how it is.   Credit is a privilege, not a right.



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Message 53 of 60
Established Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!


toppers555 wrote:

BornSupercharged wrote:

toppers555 wrote:

cableguy123 wrote:

i know this post is old but i gotta say this is one of the best organzations around. they gave me a 30k car loan at 2% a 80k car loan at 4% and a 20k cc and my dw a 18k cc if you cant get in dont be mad!


No offence nor meant to start a flame war but it pretty easy to say they are best when they are known for offering sub-prime members high limits, and offers  they would not get anywhere else. I am happy for those who have  joined, and are reaping the rewards, but to say they are best is a bit-stretched.


Probably not the smartest thing to say, grouping everyone who is with NFCU as sub-prime members. 


I never grouped everyone with NFCU as sub-prime members.  I would like for you to point out where I stated this.  Nor did I mention that sub prime credit holders do not deserve decent credit limits.If you all can't handle a critique of an opinion, without  simply saying oh your just jealous,  then prehaps you should not be on a discussion board. Again I am happy for  people who are able to enjoy rewards, but in all honestly I really have no hatrage from not being a member of NFCU. I didn't make rules of credit game, I am merely stating how it is.   Credit is a privilege, not a right.


You have an extremely combative nature for someone who is advising others to question whether they belong on a discussion board.

   
FICO Scores 800+
Message 54 of 60
Mega Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

Wow this thread is pretty heated. If you cant get in it is what it is move on. I wish I could but I cant. I am very happy to be in with PSECU they're pretty much in line with NFCU.



EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 55 of 60
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

Only thing I am OVER with NFCU is how awesome they are!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.




Message 56 of 60
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

NFCU Rocks!! I love them!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 57 of 60
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

I think the next best thing to NFCU in regards to CUs is PenFed. Just my .02 Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 58 of 60
New Member

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

Honestly glad they are starting to crack down. Being a veteran myself, I can't stand these entitlement threads. "Oh my brothers sisters dog was born on a military installation! I should be good!" Then people like the OP cry because they tell you to verify your eligibility. It's not NFCUs fault, it's your fault for thinking otherwise. All because you want a high limit.

NFCU was originally designed as a bank to help support troops overseas where traditional corporate banks can't provide the certain needs of a deployed service member.

Not to help you get a high limit credit card....just saying
Message 59 of 60
Established Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!


rmferrer wrote:
Honestly glad they are starting to crack down. Being a veteran myself, I can't stand these entitlement threads. "Oh my brothers sisters dog was born on a military installation! I should be good!" Then people like the OP cry because they tell you to verify your eligibility. It's not NFCUs fault, it's your fault for thinking otherwise. All because you want a high limit.

NFCU was originally designed as a bank to help support troops overseas where traditional corporate banks can't provide the certain needs of a deployed service member.

Not to help you get a high limit credit card...Just saying

What is hard for me to understand with posts like this is the fact that it really does not hurt or help you in anyway if someone that might be pushing the membership rules as far as they can is successful in getting and staying in. I am a member of NFCU . They have never made me "prove" I am eligible. I am not  in nor have i ever served in any branch. (although i did try to join the army when i was 17 but me being diagnosed with asthma as a kid excluded me from eligibility) .   My Father did retire from the army. My stepfather retired from the army. My Wife's father had just made commander in the navy right before both him and his plane went missing. None of them are or ever were members of nfcu.  Since we have been members i have got my son an account and a cd at NFCU.  With your way of thinking .. My kid should not be allowed in .. Heck if and when he has kids.. His kids should not be allowed in also . I mean where does it stop!?! Before you know it everyone and their mother will be able to get in ..  Not sure what is worse... An entitlement attitude or an elitist attitude.

 

 

Message 60 of 60