Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so impress with USAA FSB!!

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: I'm so impress with USAA FSB!!

I have been with USAA for 3 and a half years and I have yet to get one offer on "My Offers" page.  I have had 2 paid auto loans, and a $9,000 credit card with them and they show me no love.  I even sent them a message asking them if I am opted out from receiving offers and they said that I am opted in, they just haven't had anything to offer me,  SMH!

Message 21 of 33
DI
Super Contributor

USAA's Bill Pay set-up is awesome.   Since we're giving a choice to name our accounts, I added the  member since date to each of my accounts. 

Message 22 of 33
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I agree... The bill pay system has to be about the easiest out there to use!

Been using that as long as I can remember and have never had a payment problem with it. It just "works".

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 23 of 33
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

I joined USAA a little over a year ago when I was looking for quotes for home insurance. My realtor at the time recommended them to me as she was also military. Since then, I have switched my auto and renters insurance and my checking and savings account to them. I have taken out a credit card with them and I have an ATV loan for $6000 also. In a few weeks when I close on a new house, I will be using them for the home insurance.

I would have used them for my mortgage, but I am getting a nice brother-in-law deal. 

I cannot say enough good stuff about them. I had to file a claim when we lost power at our house a few months back and the person that I dealt with was outstanding. I explained what happened and sent them an itemized excel spreadsheet with everything that was damaged from the power surge as well as all the food we lost. I also sent pictures where the tree fell on the power lines. Within 2 days, I had money deposited in my account for the lost food. Within a week, I had the remaining money deposited for the electronic items (mostly surge protectors, power filters and ups's). That was it. No forms to fill out, no police reports. It was as easy as could be.

I tell everyone I know about them who may be eligible. My mother and stepfather have also since joined and use them for auto insurance.

This is how every bank should do their business. As long as USAA remains excellent in customer service, I will be a customer.

Thank you USAA

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jager - it took me about 5 years before i saw anything on the my offers page. and i had a rocky start with them (bad payment history with my cars and insurance) so that could be why it took them 5 years to be happier with me. my first offer was for 15k on a car, i ended up paying that up within a month as i refied my house at the time and paid off the car note with the loan. now this is the first car offer i have seen in about 4 years since that last car offer and i believe that is prompted by just paying off both my cards with them - but who knows really.

Message 25 of 33
DI
Super Contributor

USAA make direct deposits available immediately.  Feels great to get paid a day early.  Another reason why USAA is simply the best!! 

Message 26 of 33
john398
Senior Contributor

I agree the 1 day early is nice on payroll deposits

Message 27 of 33
MagicShot
Contributor

@DI wrote:

I never thought I'd say I love my bank!!   USAA services and its website impresses me to point where I've closed many old accounts.  I closed my 11 year old checking account with Regions.  I've never had a checking account without having to worry about overdraft fees and etc.  I now can freely go to an ATM and not worry about being charged a monthly fee.  And to be able to transfer funds from my USAA credit card to checking without a fee is mind-boggling( Discover who needs  your cashover). 

I have transferred all monies from EmigrantDirect savings to USAA despite lower interest earnings.   I cancelled my auto insurance with Progressive(no more paying for commercials).   I am closing several credit cards because of USAA. If USAA  ever offer 5% cashback on gas buh bye PenFed

To me USAA  Bank and its website is the best hands down.  Anyone who's able to join should feel fortunate to do their banking with a bank that exemplifies profession. 

Do you have to be military or ex military to get an accout with USAA?

Message 28 of 33
DI
Super Contributor

No, anyone can join and open a checking and savings account with USAA.  Other products requires being affiliated with the military or government.  I got full membership due to my dad serving in the Air Force and Army National Guard.

Message 29 of 33
MagicShot
Contributor

@DI wrote:

No, anyone can join and open a checking and savings account with USAA.  Other products requires being affiliated with the military or government.  I got full membership due to my dad serving in the Air Force and Army National Guard.

Would my grandma's sister's daugther count as being affiliated? Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.