Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so scared...

tag
Joteism
Regular Contributor

I'm so scared...

So I was online shopping for some new tires for my motorcycle and of course I found the cheapest prices on Amazon. When I first set out to find these tires, I was very determined to charge them on my brand spanking new Discover It, but when I reached the check out page at Amazon.com, I just couldn't resist the Amazon Chase $50 offer to open a new card. So I filled the damn thing out and got the 30-day message. I know that there is a very good chance I'll get denied (two old paid collections [medical] and a stupid student loan reporting lates from 2007). I have two inquiries on EQ and one on TU (and probably one on EX). Discover sent me an EQ score of 676 with my IT approval last week. MyFico TU is 703.    Should I call them right away or give them a few days to process?? I really thought I had the discipline to garden after my IT approval, but got cocky...

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I'm so scared...

You might as well call- you have already suffered the HP. AFAIK, Chase pulls EXP be prepared to explain the CA and lates.
Goodluck
Message 2 of 20
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

So I was online shopping for some new tires for my motorcycle and of course I found the cheapest prices on Amazon. When I first set out to find these tires, I was very determined to charge them on my brand spanking new Discover It, but when I reached the check out page at Amazon.com, I just couldn't resist the Amazon Chase $50 offer to open a new card. So I filled the damn thing out and got the 30-day message. I know that there is a very good chance I'll get denied (two old paid collections [medical] and a stupid student loan reporting lates from 2007). I have two inquiries on EQ and one on TU (and probably one on EX). Discover sent me an EQ score of 676 with my IT approval last week. MyFico TU is 703.    Should I call them right away or give them a few days to process?? I really thought I had the discipline to garden after my IT approval, but got cocky...

Yes, you should call right now.  Look in the backdoor number sticky and get the number to a credit analyst.  They will push your app through and should have a decision by the time you end the phone call. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 20
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Call. As long as you know what you CR looks like and you go in confidently, it should work out. Let's just hope you didn't get triple pulled.
Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 4 of 20
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Approved for $1000!! I know it's not much, but it's my second highest CL and I hear these Chase cards can grow with you. They pulled EQ for me (in Maryland) and asked me what the deal was with the two medical collections on my report - I explained that I had already paid them and in the process of getting the OC to confirm with insurance company for removal. She then asked for the length of employment and position. 30 sec later she said I was approved and that the card should arrive in 4-7 days.  Thanks for the advice to you all!

Message 5 of 20
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Congrats!
Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 6 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

You can also call again and recon your credit line, you've already taken the HP so there is no reason not to call again.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 8 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 20
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

@Joteism wrote:

Approved for $1000!! I know it's not much, but it's my second highest CL and I hear these Chase cards can grow with you. They pulled EQ for me (in Maryland) and asked me what the deal was with the two medical collections on my report - I explained that I had already paid them and in the process of getting the OC to confirm with insurance company for removal. She then asked for the length of employment and position. 30 sec later she said I was approved and that the card should arrive in 4-7 days.  Thanks for the advice to you all!

Congrats! 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.