Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm still not happy with Discover Card

tag
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

I'm still not happy with Discover Card

I was able to reduce my inflated interest rated to 14% from 18% (it was 9%, no lates on any of my cards). Not much of a drop but it's a start. I'll bug them in 6 months for another decrease. I just paid the card off in full. I guess I'll charge my monthly $11 Bally's membership on the card and PIF before the statement closes. I hope they don't reduce my 10K CL. I will cut the card up if that happens.

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm still not happy with Discover Card

@BBYGRL wrote:

I was able to reduce my inflated interest rated to 14% from 18% (it was 9%, no lates on any of my cards). Not much of a drop but it's a start. I'll bug them in 6 months for another decrease. I just paid the card off in full. I guess I'll charge my monthly $11 Bally's membership on the card and PIF before the statement closes. I hope they don't reduce my 10K CL. I will cut the card up if that happens.

If you PIF why does the interest rate matter? Unless it's just the principle of the thing and I can understand and appreciate that.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 4
joestay
Frequent Contributor

I really don't care about the interest rate as I always PIF and will never charge if I can't afford to PIF.

Message 3 of 4
BBYGRL
Established Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@BBYGRL wrote:

If you PIF why does the interest rate matter? Unless it's just the principle of the thing and I can understand and appreciate that.

Simply - it's the principle...

10/08 - EX 795 / EQ 816 / TU 806
6/09 - EQ 763 / TU 770

Starting Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Current Score (2/2010): TU-767, EQ-745
Goal Score (12/2010): TU-780, EQ-790

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.