Did you mean: 

I'm such an idiot. Amex denial

tag
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm such an idiot. Amex denial

@blk8 wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Love how the court can award things like that.

Maybe I should fax the CB my divorce decree and claim "its not mine" in my dispute or even "no longer liable for this account" ...Hmmm..... LOL

7 years is a long time to pay for cosigning.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
RSCo
Established Contributor

@blk8 wrote:

Just like the subject says, my smart self decided to app for the AMEX green card knowing I have 18 inq on my EX report and just opened up 3 cards last month. Anyhow, it was instant and painless. DENIED!

Just for laughs and giggles, I decided to ring up the number listed in the backdoor thread. The stats given to me are as follows:

Fico 632

Too many recent accounts

Too many inquires

Length of time accounts established

Major derogatory (charge off last year) - this is my only baddie. Wife was awarded a vehicle.. wait, let me start over. My X wife was awarded a vehicle in our divorce proceedings and she decided not to pay it. Not much I can do right now.

AAoA = 3.1 years

Util 11%

1 Cap1 card opened for 18 months, paid on time

Barclays, Walmart and Amazon opened last month

Auto loan opened 3 months ago $23k balance

1 AU account for 5 years

Anyhow, back to the garden for 12 months or until I figure out how to get this CO off my report. Smiley Embarassed

Wish you the VERY BEST... I've been there where you feel essentially helpless while someone vindictive and less responsible profoundly affects you.. Lost my house in 2006 to foreclosure after a 13yr relationship went bad... He refused to allow the house to be sold even thou it also meant affecting his credit, he didn't care and so it was foreclosed.. At the time it was the only negative thing ever on my credit report. Amex even shut down my Platinum simply because this showed up on my credit, even thou I had never been late with them.. Amex just recently took me back and I was able to "backdate" the member since date back to 1998 when I had opened the accounts.. Give it a good 6mths to a year and you'll be through it.. Time flys.. Good luck.. 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 12 of 16
blk8
Regular Contributor

Yup! Those are my plans and intentions.... I'll sit on these GE cards and allow them to blossom along with my Barcalays and Cap card.

12 months inq free and aged revolvers sounds like a plan to me.

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 13 of 16
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

+1

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 14 of 16
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Time flies and the itch goes away eventually.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
mcf
Contributor

I have no idea about this, but if she was awarded does that mean you still had to pay?? seems like if she took possession of the vehicle due to a court proceeding.. she would pick up the tab as well.. right?? so therefore even if you cosigned.. it wasnt your responsibility as if u gave it to her it was a forceful action by law.. that is worth a dispute for sure.. at least IMO I thought there was a divorce type option not mine for disputing with bureaus, seems like i seen it before.

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.