cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thinking of applying for Chase Freedom and need help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm thinking of applying for Chase Freedom and need help.

FL
Message 21 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
FL

Chase will 90% pull Experian and with 10% split between TU and EQ.  

Message 22 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can request one and it'll be a soft pull so it might ne worth a shot. That makes me think twice about applying for the Freedom.
Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

*be
Message 24 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that info!
Message 25 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can request one and it'll be a soft pull so it might ne worth a shot. That makes me think twice about applying for the Freedom.

I don't understand this question.  Whatever you do, it will be a hardpull.  So clarify for me if i am reading it wrong.

Message 26 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was responding to another user about getting a cli on my Capital One QS.
Message 27 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I respond directly to a particular person or comment?
Message 28 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was responding to another user about getting a cli on my Capital One QS.

Got it. To make easier for the conversation to be followed, when responding to someone after you click on reply, click on the quote button [ to quote the person you are responding to]..

Message 29 of 55
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

Personally, my advice would be to wait. I tend to think 2 new cards in 7 months is a lot to begin with, but for someone with only 7 months history total I think that's especially fast. I'd strongly recommend just slowing down and waiting at lease 1-2 years before applying for anything else. In the meantime focus on gardening and growing your QS and IT credit limits and histories.

Many people will tell you you don't need both the Freedom and the It anyway because they're so similar. Personally, I love having both the Freedom and the It and they're two of my favorite cards, but I got them years apart. I definitely wouldn't have pushed for an app on the second one within a short time of getting the first. While the quarters often don't align...they often do. Having both is nice IMO, but definitely not a necessity for someone with new credit. Remember thin, young reports like yours are even more affected by inquiries and new accounts than thicker, established files. Credit is a marathon not a sprint. My advice is to slow down and pace yourself.

But that's just my advice and I freely admit I'm very conservative in credit matters. Good luck with whatever you do and regardless, congrats on getting the QS and It! Those are fantastic cards by any standards and outstanding for someone to get as starter cards! Way to go! It sounds like you're doing great so far!

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.