Established Member
JaneKathleen

I'm thinking of getting a secured credit card through LBS Financial Credit Union...

For anyone who has experience with secured credit cards:

I am spending the next twelve months building my credit history in order to purchase a home next year. I have zero "baddies" in my past, but I also have an extrememly thin history. I am planning to get a secured card in order to add a trade line to my report and improve my credit/debt ratio.

I am thinking of going with a secured card through LBS Financial Credit Union (I live in Long Beach, CA). I will pay no annual fee with them, and I will make relatively decent interest on the $ I put into the collateral account. They have told me that the card will show on my credit report, but they were unable to answer me when I asked if the card would show as "secured".

If anyone has any experience with a secured card through LBS, I would *love* to hear from you.

For anyone who has experience with a different secured card: Other than re-ordering my FICO reports, is there any way I could monitor to see if the card is reporting, if it is reporting as secured, and how it is affecting my credit?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}