Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I maxed out all my credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I maxed out all my credit cards

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks!. I am going to make my budget this weekend. 

That's the smartest thing to do.  It's going to be painful, and if ain't painful you ain't doing it right...

However, no need to go over-board.  Some people here seem way too eager to come up with new ways to draw the life out of... well, your life!  That's old church mentality, you have sinned and now you must pay, with BLOOD!  Easy guys, chew an anti-acid or something.

I think you already got the message, you can handle making the cuts, and NO, you don't even have to live in darkness until this is fixed.  That's right, me, elPatitoFeo, authorizes you to leave one light bulb on until 10pm.. what the heck, 11pm.  Ain't life grand?!?.  Good luck!

Message 51 of 82
taxi818
Super Contributor

I agree no need to act like its life or deAth. Your income is strong enough to pay this thing. Whoever said file got bankruptcy. The purpose is to save the credit. Not take easy way out. That cash used for that can pay many cards down. It's time to just stop the meter. In other words. Just stop using cards period. And pay pay pay. But no need to live in forest. Geez.
Message 52 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amysmith9876 wrote:
My family members use my Netflix account for their tvs. They wont be happy lol.

Unless they're willing to help you pay for it, this shouldn't matter. Who cares if they're unhappy.

Message 53 of 82
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Yep , i agree with above, cut that card , pay like crazy , cut all your bills. turn off everthing when you leave the house, turn the ac to 85-90 when you leave instead of leaving it running and such. if your willing to go to the greatest extent you can make this work. as stated above though you dont have to live in "total" darkness. but your going to need to increase your CC payments. your going to need to cease ALL spending on them. your going to need to tighten the belt to find extra money to put towards the debts. 

I have been living this way myself. currently while I am away at work my house is using 0.03 kilowatt hour of eletrcity per hour! its costing me less than 27 cents a day! 

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 54 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spydergto wrote:

Yep , i agree with above, cut that card , pay like crazy , cut all your bills. turn off everthing when you leave the house, turn the ac to 85-90 when you leave instead of leaving it running and such. if your willing to go to the greatest extent you can make this work. as stated above though you dont have to live in "total" darkness. but your going to need to increase your CC payments. your going to need to cease ALL spending on them. your going to need to tighten the belt to find extra money to put towards the debts. 

I have been living this way myself. currently while I am away at work my house is using 0.03 kilowatt hour of eletrcity per hour! its costing me less than 27 cents a day! 

Been there.  And you know one great thing I found?  My local public library has TONS of all sort of multimedia material I could borrow for free, including the latest movie DVD releases and the latest e-books!  And did I say FREE?  Plus, who knows, you might pick up a little extra material that might enhance your knowledge.  Public libraries still exist, people, and they are heavily underrated as a resource.

Message 55 of 82
spydergto
Regular Contributor

Im no longer hurting like that , I choose to keep my house at that level because i work out in the field and i can stay away from home for 2 weeks or currently 3 months , i see absolutely no reason to air condition my home to 73 degrees when there is not one organic breathing thing in it lol .. 

Ex 750 10/22/2013 Eq 651 11/09/2013 TU 721 12/9/2013

5/14/14 Equifax – 673 Experian – 744 Transunion – 722

already bought the house! closed with a great deal all thanks to information i learned here!
Message 56 of 82
joltdude
Senior Contributor

I didnt say drop the Triple Play.. But drop the service levels of the components in the Triple Play.. thats the gotcha with these all in one packages... 

For instance, if the TV part of the triple play has movie channels, usually you can drop the pay channels, the Internet part, you can usually drop the speed.. As someone mentioned ask what the ETF is.. If you get a good CSR.. (now this next move is RISKY im about to mention, do it after you ask about the ETF or even a separate call).. Explain that even with the bundle, the services are becoming a bit too expensive... and you are considering paying the ETF to cancel... is there anything you can do for me... I was able to drop the TV service down to extended basic, up the speed tier of the modem, and get HBO and another movie channel VIA internet only  (not via the cable channel) for roughly half the price i was paying for more) I only had the internet and tv bundle however... The other gotcha with this move is you might have to agree to a year of service at this level, but it can be upgraded ... Others may have experience with this... I did this with comcast for a veteran I know who was paying way too much out of his benifits for cable... there was a past due bill and he was in the hospital for a few months but.. in the end it worked out.. 

Message 57 of 82
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@d170 wrote:
See what your cancellation fee is. When I did that with my cell, the cancellation fee was about two months worth of cell phone service. You don't have to pay it at the cancellation so you might want to see if it's w looking into. 

This is *NOT ALWAYS TRUE*... You have roughly 30 days to pay the ETF after the last bill with comcast... After that, its already in collections... (I may be slightly off but Comcast is REALLY quick on moving to collect with an ETF involved) The calls came unreasonably quick. Though when you pay the ETF.. make sure you get a reciept and make copies of the transaction and confirmation number (if your paying by mail, or online) or get the confirmation nnumber and the reps name if your paying by phone.. Comcast at least has a habit of "losing" your ETF and sending you off to collections.... YOU NEED paperwork.. its almost as bad as folks dealing with a PIF deletion

Message 58 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Budget. Budget. Budget.  I feed and house a family of 4 on $41,000/year (on the west coast) AND have built savings this year. It is doable.

Don't just budget your money. Budget your spending. It sounds like the same thing but it's not.  Plan your grocery shopping around a meal plan. Plan your meal plan around what's on sale that week. Cancel cable, if you have it. If you have a computer, you can easily get by with just internet. Turn down your heat, shut off your lights (when not in use). Don't budget yourself into a monastary. DO budget a little entertainment (it doesn't have to be much) to avoid binging... it's kind of like dieting that way. Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 82
d170
Regular Contributor

I guess I should've have clarified that you don't have to pay the fee right then in there.  Usually as you stated, you're only given about 30 days to pay in full.  

@joltdude wrote:

@d170 wrote:
See what your cancellation fee is. When I did that with my cell, the cancellation fee was about two months worth of cell phone service. You don't have to pay it at the cancellation so you might want to see if it's w looking into. 

This is *NOT ALWAYS TRUE*... You have roughly 30 days to pay the ETF after the last bill with comcast... After that, its already in collections... (I may be slightly off but Comcast is REALLY quick on moving to collect with an ETF involved) The calls came unreasonably quick. Though when you pay the ETF.. make sure you get a reciept and make copies of the transaction and confirmation number (if your paying by mail, or online) or get the confirmation nnumber and the reps name if your paying by phone.. Comcast at least has a habit of "losing" your ETF and sending you off to collections.... YOU NEED paperwork.. its almost as bad as folks dealing with a PIF deletion

Time to Garden!!
EQ 703 TU 752 EX 711 as of 07/19/2014. In the garden until 01/19/2015. Baby steps, baby steps!! Trying for 750 ACROSS THE BOARD.
Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.