Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I maxed out all my credit cards

tag
chazjan
Contributor

Re: I maxed out all my credit cards

Our Comcast here will let you freeze your account for up to 6 months if you ask them.  I had to do it when hubby was laid off.  After 6 months you have to pick it back up and continue on but worth a try call them and say if they won't let you freeze or put your account on hold u will just cancel and take your chances with the repercussions.

Message 61 of 82
David_
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:
The worst part of this whole thing is I have a vacation planned out of the country in December. I will be using my paycheck money for the remainder of the trip the entire month of October and November. I already have all the plane tickets purchased and hotels, all non refundable.

You can't afford to take a vacation. Non refundable plan tickets and hotels can easily be canceled. Even if there is a hefty fee this could save you thousands of dollars.

Message 62 of 82
taxi818
Super Contributor

Thays funny. Smiley Happy but if it's already paid for. Non refundable. May as well use it. And focus on bills when you get back. You will feel much better mentality and physically after a long vacation. Chilling by the pool. Smiley Happy
Message 63 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Non-refundable is rarely, actually, non-refundable. You may be able to get partial refunds, depending on how far out you are... and there are more costs to vacation than just plane tickets and hotels.

It's worth making phone calls and doing the math to see how much you can potentially save (including time off work); then decide if it's still worth the cost.

Message 64 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Non-refundable is rarely, actually, non-refundable. You may be able to get partial refunds, depending on how far out you are... and there are more costs to vacation than just plane tickets and hotels.

It's worth making phone calls and doing the math to see how much you can potentially save (including time off work); then decide if it's still worth the cost.

I sort of agree. There's no harm in trying. Even if you can't recoup everything, a few extra hundred dollars back in one's pocket would come in handy, seeing as how money is extremely tight.

Message 65 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

My teenage sibling passed away last year in a bad accident. Its a family gathering. I cant cancel.
Message 66 of 82
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My teenage sibling passed away last year in a bad accident. Its a family gathering. I cant cancel.

Something's much more important go and be with family. And worry of this when you get back. 

Message 67 of 82
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Pink Flowers Im currently in a very similar situation as yourself. My cards are maxed and on a monthly basis im slammed with those fees that seem to keep me over my maximum mark. As others have mentioned here I've decided to pay well over the minimum on a monthly basis. Out side of that I've began aggressively paying the smaller accounts more so I can have them paid off as soon as possible. To a degree I can relate with how you feel but dont allow this to stress you. Make a plan that you and your household can live comfortably with and stick with it. My goal is 6 months to be at 50% , 9 months to be under 30% and 12 months to be under 10%. 

You can do it, time waits for no one and all you have is time.

Message 68 of 82
Gornet
Frequent Contributor

I Max out my cards every month but my parents give me the money to pay it off before it cuts :/ this post just shows me how blessed I am and how easy I got it. I never had to worry about money in my life except when I was in 11th grade during the recession, but we still had it easy.
Best of luck OP, I wish I could help :/
PRG NPSL - Reserve 4.5k - Delta Gold 6.5k - Ritz 6.8k - CSP 5k
My Credit story
Message 69 of 82
rbon
New Contributor

You said triple play. Is it Charter? They no longer have contracts, but fail to tell people who are in them that they no longer do. Our cable bill was $160 per month and they wanted to add a $5 for ea tv for a box. We said no, but how long until our contract runs out? She said "oh, we no longer have contracts, I can cancel it now for you." Our bill is still $62 month for phone and internet (phone has also dropped to $10 and because of children and an individual in the home with a terminal illness, we decided to keep.)
Message 70 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.