cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I messaged Chase about changing my Slate to the new one so i can get the FICO score but?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

I messaged Chase about changing my Slate to the new one so i can get the FICO score but?

If I change the card will i keep the 0% APR till it's done on March 2016 if i change the card to the new one? 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I messaged Chase about changing my Slate to the new one so i can get the FICO score but?

I doubt it

Message 2 of 10
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: I messaged Chase about changing my Slate to the new one so i can get the FICO score but?

@Closingracer99 wrote:

If I change the card will i keep the 0% APR till it's done on March 2016 if i change the card to the new one? 

You should be able to retain your original T&C. Refer to the note Chase sent to another customer before you:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Asked-Chase-How-I-See-My-FICO-Score-With-Slate-Card/m-p...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I messaged them yesterday asking how to get my score with my Slate. I got a message back supposedly telling me how to access it and giving a link where there's supposedly a video that shows how. The link has no video and the message is written to someone as if they just got their slate and hasn't signed up for online access. I've had Chase accounts forever and got my Slate in Dec? Jan? I wrote back and said what they sent me doesn't apply, I don't see what they say on my online account and there's no video at the link. We'll see what they say. 

Message 4 of 10
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

The card number is exactly the same so all terms and history are exactly the same. I just ordered the new cards for my wife and myself. Not exactly sure why the new card is even necessary, but don't care that much to write another secure message.

Here's the clip they refer to showing the dashboard...  https://creditcards.chase.com/slate-credit-card/credit-dashboard

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ask them to make sure when you are doing the change but Im about 99% it should be fine.  I already did this and it isn't the same as a normal PC, actually I think they are sending out new design cards and telling people its a PC just to buy some time.  They originally told me they were sending a new card and my FICO would be available within 72 hrs but that was almost 2 weeks ago, I received the new card but no FICO, so I sent another message and now they say:

Further I would like to confirm that you need to have an online profile to enroll in this feature; however the feature will be available after April 15, 2015 in 72 hours post enrollment.

We will see what happens

Message 6 of 10
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I changed mine and yes you do retain all the original T&C so Promo APR will stay the same, your normal APR stays the same, your CL stays the same.

Only changes - New Card + FICO Score
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 7 of 10
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just ask them to make sure when you are doing the change but Im about 99% it should be fine.  I already did this and it isn't the same as a normal PC, actually I think they are sending out new design cards and telling people its a PC just to buy some time.  They originally told me they were sending a new card and my FICO would be available within 72 hrs but that was almost 2 weeks ago, I received the new card but no FICO, so I sent another message and now they say:

Further I would like to confirm that you need to have an online profile to enroll in this feature; however the feature will be available after April 15, 2015 in 72 hours post enrollment.

We will see what happens

Yup. This is not a true PC. It's a feature upgrade that is optional for existing Slate customers. They are just calling it a PC so that they won't have to automatically give to all existing customers right away.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is quite smart actually. Most people won't upgrade
Message 9 of 10
cobbson
Regular Contributor

New card came in the mail today, exactly 7 days after requesting new card with free FICO. Also a pop-up on my internet account saying my free FICO score is now available. It was there. Now my account home page shows a link for the monthly FICO score and it works.

That was really fast of them. 

Thanks Chase!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.