Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I might be giving up on BBRZ MC. Sad panda

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

I might be giving up on BBRZ MC. Sad panda

So, I have been calling them for CLI. I am a member since '08 with 500CL. In almost 5 years, I have not miss or have a late payment. Two week agos I call for CLI and got it for 500, so total is now 1k. I just recently paid $59 in AF. I have zero balance on the card and last used about 9 months agos.

I spoke with 2 CSR and 1 acct mgr, the acct mgr said that he is not going to sugar coated for me and said the CLI is not available anymore on this card but however he can refund my AF of $59 every year if my account is in good standing and if I wanted to keep it open.

This is one of my oldest aaoa. I guess I will keep it open and use the  $59 credit refund on the statement to buy something, but that's it. Smiley Sad

Any other number that I can call? (PM ME)

It seems that this card classified as entry level and no CLI over 1k or anything.

I have GOLD MC card with $59AF (well, not anymore).

Thanks.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: I might be giving up on BBRZ MC. Sad panda

If you close the account, it will still report positively for 10 years.

After you close it, you can apply again in store and hope for a better product.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 4
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

If you close the account, it will still report positively for 10 years.

After you close it, you can apply again in store and hope for a better product.

Very true. However, if I close the account and app'd, I would be getting the storecard version (been down this road before). I rather have the MC version anyway and stay in the garden for 6-12 months for my dream cards.  Smiley Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Well if you are ever in the mood to temporarily scar your report with two HP's. You can app, and get the store card. Then app again and get the hopefully no AF MC.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.