Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I might pull the trigger for sleep number

tag
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

I might pull the trigger for sleep number

I am not quite sure what to do.. I have been on a roll as of lately but I feel like I gotta take it easy.. . here why I am having a gut feeling my luck might run out  recently I  got approved WM Card for $700 and only used $47 and change and will be paid off as soon as statement generates .. I also got approved LensCrafters 0% deals for $1,800 and I just used it yesterday just a touch under $500 and will be paid off by mid summer..now I am seeing sleep number is offering 0% deals .. I am starting to like 0% deals its something that I have not seen since I filed BK back in 2008 so its nice to be taking advantage of those 0% deals... my concern is will it raise red flag thru GECRB for opening 3rd account issued by GECRB ? so should I go for it?  or let those 2 GECRB accounts aged little bit like 6 to 8 months I am having mixed thoughts on this mattress I just hope its a good bed mattress to own so if  anyone got good things to say about this mattress please post it Smiley Wink   Thanks!

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I might pull the trigger for sleep number

It depends...do you need a new mattress? Are you planning to app for other cards later? I opened 3 GE accounts in 2 mos but YMMV-
It would be best to wait for ANY new TLs to age before getting more inq's.

IMO , I would wait if you could ESP if you plan on paying the other GE bill by the summer.
Message 2 of 4
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
It depends...do you need a new mattress? Are you planning to app for other cards later? I opened 3 GE accounts in 2 mos but YMMV-
It would be best to wait for ANY new TLs to age before getting more inq's.

IMO , I would wait if you could ESP if you plan on paying the other GE bill by the summer.

Yeah I kinda of need one just not sure if I want to spend that much for one.. and no more apping for 2 years I had 0 INQ's before going with Apple Visa, WM Card, LensCrafters so I have 3 INQ total on TU this would make it 4th INQ.  the only thing I might do is get a discover card in the next 2 years other than that thats it.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

I only have bad things to say about the mattress. 

It is EXTREMELY overpriced.

The first few months it was pretty good. After that things just went downhill.

There's a lot sagging and manufacturer's warranty is as good as garbage. Just read reviews from sites such as sleeplikethedead.

I'm only 160pounds fyi, so its not like im some fatass trying to intentionally make an indentation into the mattress.

If you want an air mattress, there's a lot better ones to choose. I always recommend buying from Costco, or Macy's, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales. Their return/exchange policy is by far the best.

If you want a really cheap memory foam that's decent, check out amazon.

I had a mattress from costco that started sagging after almost a year. Called costco, they came and pick it up, and gave me a full refund.

Of course, I bought another one (Using the ARA now) from Costco.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.