Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must admit, I feel pretty good right now - closing CCs

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: I must admit, I feel pretty good right now - closing CCs

Well, I was wrong about my Cap One. The AF actually hits this month, instead of in a couple of months that I thought before. So while I was logged online to my Cap One account, I noticed the option to chat to a rep online. Went ahead and started a chat session and I was transferred to another rep to handle my request. Now that I think about it, the two reps I spoke to did not even ask the reason that I wanted to close my card. He simply confirmed that I wanted to close it, gave me some sort of disclosure to read and carried out the orders to execute the account. And that was the end of it.

I still have the Sony Visa and also the BBMC (used to be HSBC) with Cap One, both with no AFs. My only card now with an AF is the Amex Zync, which im fine with paying. At least for now. I think im done on closing and even apping cards for awhile now. All I want to do now is garden and hope to see auto CLIs on my existing cards. I am at peace now, lol. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 16
YahComb
Established Contributor

Your boa unsecured early a few months ago right? Why not try to work some cli magic before tossing it.
EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 12 of 16
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

+1

feels great to wipe my hands of Zales, and Home Depot!! both with measly 500. limits. gotta weed away more. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 13 of 16
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I closed 7 last week Zync, a few GEMB because I LIKE them on page once, and a few others down to 9 open and 22 closed.

did you try getting the AF waived? Or does Amex not do that?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 14 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

+1

feels great to wipe my hands of Zales, and Home Depot!! both with measly 500. limits. gotta weed away more. 

dude you should of called and asked for  a CLI on the homedepot card they are quite friendly with CLI's I went from 500 CL to 4000 CLI before I even recieved the card just called up after I got the initial limit, some here have gotten 20-25k  for asking and a 10 minute wait on hold. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 15 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I like all my plastic too much to axe any of them!!!

Well maybe except Cap1..........Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.