Valued Contributor
Datx

Re: I must admit, I feel pretty good right now - closing CCs

[ Edited ]

Well, I was wrong about my Cap One. The AF actually hits this month, instead of in a couple of months that I thought before. So while I was logged online to my Cap One account, I noticed the option to chat to a rep online. Went ahead and started a chat session and I was transferred to another rep to handle my request. Now that I think about it, the two reps I spoke to did not even ask the reason that I wanted to close my card. He simply confirmed that I wanted to close it, gave me some sort of disclosure to read and carried out the orders to execute the account. And that was the end of it.

I still have the Sony Visa and also the BBMC (used to be HSBC) with Cap One, both with no AFs. My only card now with an AF is the Amex Zync, which im fine with paying. At least for now. I think im done on closing and even apping cards for awhile now. All I want to do now is garden and hope to see auto CLIs on my existing cards. I am at peace now, lol. :smileytongue:

TU: 603 – EQ: 569 – EX: N/A – May 2010

Established Contributor
YahComb

Your boa unsecured early a few months ago right? Why not try to work some cli magic before tossing it.
EQ-730(06/30/14) TU-758(06/19/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 7.5K | Disc It 9K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 2.92yr AAOA: 24.8 mo
Frequent Contributor
iMacDrew

+1

feels great to wipe my hands of Zales, and Home Depot!! both with measly 500. limits. gotta weed away more. 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Established Contributor
flowfaster

[ Edited ]

Smug wrote:
I closed 7 last week Zync, a few GEMB because I LIKE them on page once, and a few others down to 9 open and 22 closed.

did you try getting the AF waived? Or does Amex not do that?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

iMacDrew wrote:

+1

feels great to wipe my hands of Zales, and Home Depot!! both with measly 500. limits. gotta weed away more. 

dude you should of called and asked for  a CLI on the homedepot card they are quite friendly with CLI's I went from 500 CL to 4000 CLI before I even recieved the card just called up after I got the initial limit, some here have gotten 20-25k  for asking and a 10 minute wait on hold. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Mega Contributor
LS2982

I like all my plastic too much to axe any of them!!!

Well maybe except Cap1..........:smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+