cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must resist! Tempted to try for Capital One Rewards....

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: No. I must resist apping! Temptation.

@PleioneG wrote:

I thought about that but I was under the impression that banks -- such as Wells Fargo or PNC -- might require a much higher credit score. We're not exactly stellar but sit in the fair range of things. I know another option might be to try for a credit union but I don't know where to begin with that. And no, I can't do NFCU since the only relatives in the military service are my cousins and the rest are retired.

have one come to live with you Smiley Wink roommates can sponser eachother in if they're contributing to the household =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 11 of 37
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

I thought about that but I was under the impression that banks -- such as Wells Fargo or PNC -- might require a much higher credit score. We're not exactly stellar but sit in the fair range of things. I know another option might be to try for a credit union but I don't know where to begin with that. And no, I can't do NFCU since the only relatives in the military service are my cousins and the rest are retired.

Almost all banks have different tiers of credit products. You won't get a 10k limit with a 10% apr. But you may get a low limit high apr card that will build with you. It will have no af and you will be starting a better relationship with your bank. I would call them and talk to an underwriter.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 37
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

have one come to live with you Smiley Wink roommates can sponser eachother in if they're contributing to the household =)

I wish. Smiley Sad

@Dustink wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

Almost all banks have different tiers of credit products. You won't get a 10k limit with a 10% apr. But you may get a low limit high apr card that will build with you. It will have no af and you will be starting a better relationship with your bank. I would call them and talk to an underwriter.

I may consider that. We've been with PNC Bank for years so there is a good chance they might consider us. Couldn't hurt, I guess. I would just hate to be declined by my own bank when C1 would have approved us anyway.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 13 of 37
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I may consider that. We've been with PNC Bank for years so there is a good chance they might consider us. Couldn't hurt, I guess. I would just hate to be declined by my own bank when C1 would have approved us anyway.

That is why it will be worth talking with an underwriter in the credit card department. Explain your situation such as your scores, history, and income. Say that crap1 will approve you, but you would rather get a card from your own bank. See what the minimum credit limit on the cards are, and decide whether you have a chance.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 14 of 37
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Dustink wrote:

That is why it will be worth talking with an underwriter in the credit card department. Explain your situation such as your scores, history, and income. Say that crap1 will approve you, but you would rather get a card from your own bank. See what the minimum credit limit on the cards are, and decide whether you have a chance.

Good advice. (:

Message 15 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

if one of your family members live close to you, chances are they don't have a home phone anymore lol, you could sign up for phone service under their address, change your address to their house (apply for paperless billing first) and get a ID made lol, apply for Navy few months later and move back legally on your ID a few months later =x jus sayin....

Message 16 of 37
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

As much as I'd love to join them, I don't want to do anything that will potentially get me in trouble. 

I really, really, really would love to be part of the NFCU family... Oh well.

Message 17 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

As much as I'd love to join them, I don't want to do anything that will potentially get me in trouble. 

one thing people have done was join the army reserves and get out of it before basic training =x sign up right after they got papers, no one seemed to get in trouble =x

Message 18 of 37
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

one thing people have done was join the army reserves and get out of it before basic training =x sign up right after they got papers, no one seemed to get in trouble =x

Haha. Really? Just to sign up? I guess it must be that good!

I wonder if I qualify for the reserves. (;

Message 19 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

Haha. Really? Just to sign up? I guess it must be that good!

I wonder if I qualify for the reserves. (;

lol depends on your job army reserve is worth it just for TRICARE health insurance alone, 1 weekend a month is little price to pay for their insurance... plus 2 week basic training. I'm really thinking about it. Since my friend's daughter got bit by a rattle snake and had to be rushed to a hospital hour away, and 2 hours she would've been dead..... and gave her the anti venom, and next thing you know she got a $27,000 hospital bill.... and Tricare took care of it for $17 LOL

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.