Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need BOA Exec #

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: I need BOA Exec #

Were you making the minimum payment only prior to PIF?
Message 11 of 39
myjourney
Super Contributor

Usually balance chasing starts with them pulling CR's and seeing something they don't like.

It's not always because you missed a payment or have lates.

Just the fact of you having 3 cards maxed out could have done it and in some cases some people have seen AA.

Another reason applying for more credit while having maxed out cards remember lenders pull CR's as much as they like.

Take Amex who normally pulls every month but have also been known to pull with large purchases 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 39
quarius
Regular Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@quarius wrote:

@aloush11 wrote:
Have you tried the credit analyst? Hows your overall credit?

Yes they are just giving me a hard time. I have perfect payment history. I was actually paying down all my cards to zero balances and then they pull this on me.

I would beg to wonder what caused the AA.  Creditors don't normally just close or suspend accounts for no reason.  Granted, they don't need to provide a reason; however, something doesn't add up.  I'm sure they obtained some recent information (not sure what) which has caused them to take this action.

+1....gotta agree with Fin here. Questions for OP: what is your overall utilization? did you keep a high balance on the BofA for a while? did you suddenly apply for a bunch of credit cards? there are many factors that bank take into consideration other than just having on time payments on their cards? Good luck and hopefully they can restore your credit lines or re-open them.

Yes they were maxed out for a while. No i didn't apply for any cards yet, the plan was to extend my credit with increases and new cards since im such a good customer. They just decided to screw a long time customer for no reason. Now im scared to pay down my 12k limit card and i just want to switch it to a signature so the balance doesn't get calculated into my fico. But so far i called that executive # from before and i have to wait a few days to here a response.

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
12/23/18 [Experian-Fico 799][TU-Fico799][Equifax-Fico786]
Message 13 of 39
quarius
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Were you making the minimum payment only prior to PIF?

Yes

{NFCU-25k}{NFCU-Flagship-25k}{Saphire-15k}{BOA-25k}{DCU-10k}{Slate-7200}{FirstNat-4k}{DiscoverIT-6k}{CitiCash-$4100}{AmexBCE-$8500}{Venture-$6500}
Message 14 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Unfortunately, there's your answer. Maxed out cards and paying the minimum payment only more than likely out you on their radar.
Message 15 of 39
quarius
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Usually balance chasing starts with them pulling CR's and seeing something they don't like.

It's not always because you missed a payment or have lates.

Just the fact of you having 3 cards maxed out could have done it and in some cases some people have seen AA.

Another reason applying for more credit while having maxed out cards remember lenders pull CR's as much as they like.

Take Amex who normally pulls every month but have also been known to pull with large purchases 

I wasn't applying for more credit maxed out. I'm paying down any debt i have on all my cards letting them report zero balances, bringing down my utilization. Then i was planning on getting new credit. I never thought this would happen, I haven't applyed for anything yet. All i was doing was paying off my cards in the order they come. 

Message 16 of 39
quarius
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Unfortunately, there's your answer. Maxed out cards and paying the minimum payment only more than likely out you on their radar.

There loss not mine. Im just real mad they did this to me. I always pay my debit, now all this has done was lose me as a customer and i will look for credit elsewhere. I mean it was on $1500 on 1 card and $2400 on the other card, which isn't even $4000 that they did this for.

Message 17 of 39
quarius
Regular Contributor

I also don't understand because i make enough money, 60k a year to cover anything and i have been with my job for 5 years.

Message 18 of 39
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

How long have you had your BoA cc's?
How long have they been maxed out?
Are your other cc's maxed out?
Have you added any new cc's in the past 6 mos?
Message 19 of 39
quarius
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
How long have you had your BoA cc's?
How long have they been maxed out?
Are your other cc's maxed out?
Have you added any new cc's in the past 6 mos?

5-8 years for my accounts.

They have been maxed out for a while. 

Some are but some aren't and i paid down some of them.

On Discover 2 months ago.

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.