new-to-this

I need a Visa or master Card

Hello all. This froum is great and you guys are a huge help.  So heres my situaltion.  I receanly applied for an Amex Gold after I got an invite in the mail.  I  applied and was instantly approved 2-2013.  I really wanted the PRG,I didnt know the differece then, but appiled for the PRG and was approved in 3-2013. Then canceled the gregular gold. I applied for the costo amex and was approed in 4-2013.  I was really supprised they gave me a revolver. I never thought I would ever get an amex, I thought it was only for Rich people. But now I have 3 hard puls on my EX report. I have one Unpaid medical collection from 2008 less than 20. AAoA about 5 years with the new cards. My only revolver is a  Discover it card  that is almost 2 years old. I got a SP incase on that finally. I was eyeing the Chase freedom to get in with them, and citi has sent me a few pre approvals in the mail, should I just wait to apply? What are my chances with maybe chase or Citi?

Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Re: I need a Visa or master Card

On the surface, since you have been approved by AMEX , you would seem to be in good position for the Freedom.  Do you know your scores?

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Welcome to the forum 

If scores are good IMO freedom would be a good choice However you need to know how many INQ's as a result of the Amex app's because chase can be INQ sensitive at times and Amex does pull more than 1 CB sometimes on first app

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

+1

you may want to think about APing for a prime card that doesn't usually pull EX for best results and better starting limit, don't want all the INQ's freak out the lender.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

Barclays pull TU and they have some travel and cash back cards, so that could be a possibility for you.  Then you can garden, let some of those other inquiries age and maybe go for Freedom.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Valued Contributor
boomhower

kimmiller112 wrote:

Barclays pull TU and they have some travel and cash back cards, so that could be a possibility for you.  Then you can garden, let some of those other inquiries age and maybe go for Freedom.

Sallie Mae is a good pick from them.  5% at amazon and grocery. 

Regular Contributor
eagles08

new-to-this wrote:

Hello all. This froum is great and you guys are a huge help.  So heres my situaltion.  I receanly applied for an Amex Gold after I got an invite in the mail.  I  applied and was instantly approved 2-2013.  I really wanted the PRG,I didnt know the differece then, but appiled for the PRG and was approved in 3-2013. Then canceled the gregular gold. I applied for the costo amex and was approed in 4-2013.  I was really supprised they gave me a revolver. I never thought I would ever get an amex, I thought it was only for Rich people. But now I have 3 hard puls on my EX report. I have one Unpaid medical collection from 2008 less than 20. AAoA about 5 years with the new cards. My only revolver is a  Discover it card  that is almost 2 years old. I got a SP incase on that finally. I was eyeing the Chase freedom to get in with them, and citi has sent me a few pre approvals in the mail, should I just wait to apply? What are my chances with maybe chase or Citi?

I like the idea of the Freedom! Great card! I got instantly approved last month. They pulled my Experian and my Transunion.  I had 3 inquiries on Experian, one recently from AMEX, 0 on Transunion. I suggest you try their pre-qualification if you really want and if youre pre-qualified, go for it.  I think you'd have a good shot and if not, i gather that Chase is very recon friendly.  Good Luck!

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+