cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a very high credit limit. I have great credit scores!

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: I need a very high credit limit. I have great credit scores!

Well CS1966, what can I say. Sure your story sounds out of the norm but who am I to judge? Mine is too.

3 years ago I had no FICO score. I had an old CC account closed by creditor and that was it as far as positive TLs go. On the negative side I had 3 CAs, 2 PRs and such a low collectability score they didn't even bother updating the CA accounts. I had no apps so my address was out of date and I had no employment history.

OTOH I had mid 7 figures in a margin investment account and had bought my home, also mid 7 figures, for cash. What I didn't know at the time was that creditors had zero knowledge of my assets. Onle one of the CAs would send me dunning letters and that one only did so rarely.

But the fact is that when we post stories so out of the norm more likely than not they are troll posts. Really only you and I know how accurate our posts are or are not.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 81 of 121
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Still don't believe it. Sorry.

On one of your posts you said you took the advise of someone you didnt even know their username and made a rash of decisions. If you do that on a constant basis I have no idea what to say......

That's perhaps the statement I found most odd. People I know that have serious assets are more cautious. Even the friend that won the CA lottery a few decades back has become a prudent, careful investor.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 82 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my, I guess I didn't revise that post. My cash account is paying .88 Annually. Not 8.8%. My mistake.

I have to agree with a lot of the members here that something is fishy. If you truly had those assets in investment accounts and 2 mortgages plus all those high limit credit cards you wouldn't be on here asking for advice. You would either be intelligent enough to manage credit or have a financial advisor

Message 83 of 121
MrCredit
Established Contributor

+1

Message 84 of 121
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my, I guess I didn't revise that post. My cash account is paying .88 Annually. Not 8.8%. My mistake.

I have to agree with a lot of the members here that something is fishy. If you truly had those assets in investment accounts and 2 mortgages plus all those high limit credit cards you wouldn't be on here asking for advice. You would either be intelligent enough to manage credit or have a financial advisor

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 85 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It doesn't matter whats in the bank, its whats in your wallet that counts!Smiley Wink

Wealthy people don' t say/believe things like this.  What matters to wealthy people is investments.  You don't carry investments in your wallet.

Message 86 of 121
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As I said, I plan on paying off all of the credit card debt, because my Investment accounts, and the interest rate on all of my cash holdings is far greater than the 0% interest rate that is on the cards. So, I make monthly payments, and once 17 months is up, I will pay off the entire amount. And also, I have a co-signer on one of the mortgages, which is my brothers house, (he doesn't have good credit at all, and I helped him finance his house), and I plan on paying off the entire amount on my mortgage within the next 2 years, and his should be paid off within this year

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I took (I have no idea who) someone's advise, and I transferred $1,385,228 from my cash account, and paid off both mortgages, I transferred $196,451 and paid off the CitiBank credit card. I transferred $98,910 and paid off the US Bank card. I transferred $42,773 and paid off the Discover card, and I transferred $33,865 and paid off the Chase Bank credit card. I also paid off the Capital One card, which was $77,081. And lo and behold, I was immediately approved for a $20,000 Credit Line increase from CitiBank, a $15,000 increase from Capital one, and a $11,000 increase from Chase Bank. 

This is the only thing that I do not get... You have 2 houses both worth $500k+, and only ONE being YOUR house.  Yet you paid off BOTH houses...  I hope that your brother at least said "thank you"

Message 87 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is being typed on my iPad, so I can't quote the above post...

First off, +1.

Second, you have 2 mortgages at approx 500k each. I simply don't see how one would reasonably expect to pay off 1 mortgage in 2 years and the other within the next year with outstanding principal amounts like that. Assuming those payback periods, with no consideration for interest, you're saying that you were planning on paying somewhere around 48k per month for one of those mortgages. I don't mean to be offensive, but I think that it's time for someone to call you on your BS. If you're as wealthy as you say you are, A) you're an idiot for seeking advice on an online and anonymous forum that specializes in people talking about how they were ale to get a 2g limit from Barclays only after their 2nd recon (no offense myfico, I still love you, and yes, I referred to myself about the Barclays) , and B) I should probably be reading about you on Forbes.

Edit: fixed missing words, thanks autocorrect.
Message 88 of 121
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Ok, we have the following: 

- An OP that posed some questionable parameters, and followups

- Many people tryng their best to provide information to help

- Also, many people calling shenanigans 

- The post is 6 days old, with over 9 pages of back and firth. 

I believe this almost qualifies as an 'Epic thread'; in the blogosphere of Interwebs. 

The only thing we are missing, is the obligitory "First" post. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 89 of 121
daylove
Regular Contributor

@bobebob wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for all of your words of wisdom. I haven't responded because I took a vacation to Bermuda to visit my sister in law. It was spontaneous, because I had so many miles saved up with Capital One. And to clear some things up, When I was approved for the cards with my high limits, I was earning much more money, because that is when my husband was still alive. We had all of our finances joined together. When he was alive, he was earning about $1,400,000 Per year, plus bonuses. He worked for his own company, which he later sold to our grandson, who continues to run it. I am working part time for the company, but I am also living off of investment dividends. Also, when I received the high limit cards, the economy was doing great! (About 2004) And everybody had credit cards with huge limits, so I got a couple, so I could increase my credit score, which at the time was about 740. And when I applied for the cards, and I got accepted, I put almost all of my expenses on them, and paid them off each month. I always got credit limit increases, because I was such a valuable customer, and I always paid my bills on time, and I have never missed any payments on anything. If you want to know anything else, please, Just ask me. Don't try to ruin my image by calling me a liar. Thank you.

Fair enough, I won't call you a liar.  Perhaps your situation seems fictitious to us mere mortals because the dollar amounts are so far removed from our plebian existance.

On the other hand, if you wanted to help establish the veracity of your rather dubious claims, how's about sharing the secret of where I can open me up a cash account that returns 8.8% interest?

Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I don't do that because If I cash out of my investments, I will have to pay a very lot of taxes on the gains, because when I bought into the corporation that I invested in, I paid about $500,000 (that was in 1987) And that is a gain of over 3,000,000. That would be a very very lot of taxes. And I don't make a withdrawal of cash, because my cash account is paying 8.8% annually, which is more than I am paying on the debts. 

Private banking

Message 90 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.