Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice - This is my story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need advice - This is my story

@Viktor wrote:

Turns out their "wizard" doesn't know any "spells" at all.

Now I need rehab. To give you an example of how I feel, I feel like applying for just about every single credit card out there and begin trashing my score just for the heck of it.

Nooooo!!!  Don't do it!  That's FICO suicide!

Message 21 of 45
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Viktor wrote:

Turns out their "wizard" doesn't know any "spells" at all.

Now I need rehab. To give you an example of how I feel, I feel like applying for just about every single credit card out there and begin trashing my score just for the heck of it.

And this would accomplish WHAT?

Triggering an overwhelming sense of regret a few days later?

It'll pass. Just relax.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 22 of 45
Viktor
Established Member

Yeah just another special touch of Mrs. Unfair Life reminding you how miserable and worthless you are for her. Just got notice that my brother in-law got approved for a VISA cc. He didn't tell me the CL but I do know his credit score, hold on: 480. That's what pains the most; I've been taking care of my credit for three years now with positive results but still haven't see any benefits, meanwhile those who don't even care, get what they don't deserve.

If anyone else has any other ideas that are not CapOne, go ahead. I rather die before getting that imitation of credit card. I know, I'm difficult, but I trust all of you, I still do.

"You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust your sails."

Starting Score: TU:517, EX:523, EQ:517
Current Score: TU:690 EX:731 EQ:736
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Viktor wrote:

Yeah just another special touch of Mrs. Unfair Life reminding you how miserable and worthless you are for her. Just got notice that my brother in-law got approved for a VISA cc. He didn't tell me the CL but I do know his credit score, hold on: 480. That's what pains the most; I've been taking care of my credit for three years now with positive results but still haven't see any benefits, meanwhile those who don't even care, get what they don't deserve.

If anyone else has any other ideas that are not CapOne, go ahead. I rather die before getting that imitation of credit card. I know, I'm difficult, but I trust all of you, I still do.

Who did your brother-in-law get a VISA through with that score?

Message 24 of 45
Viktor
Established Member

USAA. He's an ex-army with a medical discharge. I don't see how he got approved, but he did. I feel so incompetent right now that I'm actually taking a break from work.

Message 25 of 45
FrugalRican
Blogger

Stop comparing yourself to others. That's not helping your situation at all, specially since you don't know 100% of the information from other people's credit reports and as to the why they get "accepted".

I know you are a bit down on yourself, but comparing your situation to your brother's, isn't going to help your situation at all.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 26 of 45
Viktor
Established Member

Yeah, he's 90+ days late on all his accounts... I know, stop comparing myself... also he has 3 defaulted student loans, and the list goes on. The only people I am talking this out to is you all. At least let me express my feelings, it is kind of frustrating for me having spent 3 years in denail of the basic things in life like entertainment and food just to pay your debts just to look aside and see someone else neglecting his life and getting better opportunities at the same time... Where is the reward of all the responsibility you have carried over? I mean, is it that these days being responsible is not enough? I'm now feeling pissed off. I regret having to write all this sorry if I bothered any of you, but this situation is as real for me as I believe you all are. Thanks for being supportive.

Message 27 of 45
nomoore
Contributor

With that score it would surely have to be a secured credit card he got. I assure you he is paying for his terrible credit score. And I assure you that with time, patience, and help from myFICO you can improve your score and financial situation.

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 28 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, try for a Barclay card.  They pull only TU and if denied online you can call them up at one of the recon back door numebrs sticky.  They take the time to listen to any issues that may be on your reports and explanations.  They really are great with reconsiderations. 

Message 29 of 45
Viktor
Established Member

After hearing you and my wife, I've decided to try for Cap1. I'm being sent mail offers every single month and believe me, I've grown to detest them. But seems withouth a credit line you won't see much improvements on your scores so I've decided to give it a shot. With my current situation, I don't believe they are going to turn me down, correct me if I'm wrong.

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.