Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice on CLI spree

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

I need advice on CLI spree

Questions for all the smart and savvy members...  Smiley Happy

I have been patiently waiting to do a CLI blitz on all my accounts. 

Right now as of last night my scores are;

FICO EQ is at 714, with 20% UTL(with 2 HP in 12 months)

FICO TU is at 704 and UTL is also 22%(with 2 HP in 12 months),

EX is at 725(from Experian) with 4 HP in 12 months.

I have timed everything almost perfect so UTL on all my CR's will be less than 7% in the next two days or so.

I have never done CLI via phone or via links/luv buttons on my accounts or any recon either, I do my best not to speak with CSR's.

Whether it is via online or over the phone with a CSR when they do a soft pull are they doing the soft pull (or in worst case hard pull) right at the moment when you request the CLI or does there system rely upon the data the last time the account was reviewed.

My income is a tad over 100k and no lates ever. Oldest account 16yrs.  AAoA is 4 yrs 6 months.

I never had a mortgage loan, the owner carried my loan(only 65k) and paid that off a few years ago.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you all, I appreciate it....

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: I need advice on CLI spree

My main suggestion is that you wait until your next reporting period.  Paying your balances down to 7% tomorrow won't change how your credit reports look.  Based on your history (assuming you've mentioned everything), your scores will jump into the mid 700s if you have 7% utility reporting.

For Chase, try calling Executive Customer Service.  They're, from what I understand, the only ones who can authorize a soft-pull, customer initiated CLI.

Discover will give a soft pull CLI if they can and you ask for it.  If they can't, they'll offer to try a hard pull to see if they can approve you.

I'm not familiar with Citi's practices.

Message 2 of 5
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

What I am saying is in the next two or so day the new and reduced balances will report to the CR's.  I paid them last week before due date, and statements are cut yesterday on two accounts and one account tomorrow.

Of course I will check CR prior to doing the CLI.

Thank you

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 3 of 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Questions for all the smart and savvy members...  Smiley Happy

Well, I guess that means I should move on to the next thread.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 5
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think you should use the backdoor numbers available on this site. Sometimes underwriting departs are able to authorize SP only increases. Or they may have some tricks to make it a SP. With US Bank, anything under 1500 on a prime card in good standing is a SP.

If you are willing to take some HP's. The backdoor numbers will result in the largest line increases.

If you don't have the time to deal with it, just use the online options for increases and see what happens. Go in priority order, request CLI's on accounts you most want them first. Just in case HP's occur that will help.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.