cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need advice/opinions

tag
Anewvogue

I need advice/opinions

Previously I made a post about how I received two prequalifying offers from Citi Bank... Well to make things short, I took the diamond preferred, and the other one was the Simplicity and it was only for 1000.... I later on apped for Discover IT, being a card I really wanted to get and I was approved for 2500.... My question is, should I even bother activating the Simplicity? or should I just call and close that account, when I applied for the DIscover IT, it didnt tell me what the APR is, but the APR for the SImplicity is 19.99. Sooooo what would you do in my shoes?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need advice/opinions

You already took the hard credit pull and it has no annual fee. If not anything else, it will help with util. Also 21 months @0% APR is the longest on the market I think
Message 2 of 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^+1

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will report regardless whether activated or not.  Since you took the hardpull, keep it and use it to build a relationship with Citi.

Message 4 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Although I am a proponent of closing cards that have no use to you, since you literally just got the card (and took a HP and AAOA ding for it), you may as well use it at least occasionally and build history with it. Then you can PC it to something more useful in a year. This way your application wasn't a total waste (and also, closing cards you just opened doesn't look so great on a report).

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anewvogue wrote:

Previously I made a post about how I received two prequalifying offers from Citi Bank... Well to make things short, I took the diamond preferred, and the other one was the Simplicity and it was only for 1000.... I later on apped for Discover IT, being a card I really wanted to get and I was approved for 2500.... My question is, should I even bother activating the Simplicity? or should I just call and close that account, when I applied for the DIscover IT, it didnt tell me what the APR is, but the APR for the SImplicity is 19.99. Sooooo what would you do in my shoes?

Keep it, you can move it's limit into something more useful later.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.