cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need an EMV card APPROVED $4.5k + $5k!!

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: I need an EMV card

Why not just go for the BofA Cash Rewards card? I'm sure your scores are high enough for approval...

Message 11 of 34
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I am going to go to BoA sometime and see what they can do for me.  I can't seem to use an APO address on the online application, and this will be my only means of receiving the card.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 12 of 34
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@heirophant wrote:

Is this really a big deal for going to, say, Europe or Asia?

Yes, its a big deal.  You will have to carry cash around or you might just get stuck somewhere with no way to buy transportation.  I thought the travel rewards came with an EMV chip always (it shows the chip on the online pictures).  I guess I will be sure to specify that I need a chip when I apply at BoA.

Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 13 of 34
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

I just checked with Digital Federal Credit Union to see if their Secured Visa product is EMV since a secured option would be a sure thing. But sorry, no go.

Message 14 of 34
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: I need an EMV card APPROVED $4.5k!!

I got it!

So I broke down and drove in to a BoA branch today.   I knew more about the cards BoA offered than the banking rep, and she, in fact, approved me for a 1-2-3 cash rewards card with $4.5k CL.  I told her that this was not what I asked for.  So she had to actually then call a customer service number for BoA credit cards while I was there.  She confirmed that she could get a chip put in the cash rewards or I could product change.  According to the rep on the phone, All of the Bankamericard Travel Rewards cards have a chip.  This card also has 0% foreign transaction fee, so it was a no brainer.  Rep was finally able to switch for me.

Bankamericard Travel Rewards, $4.5k CL, 0% foreign transaction fee, $0 annual fee, rewards.  perfect!

My card arsenal is complete!

Message 15 of 34
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

congrats on getting approved! Hopefully youre back stateside soon, unless youre getting some sweet orders then enjoy your time overseas.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 16 of 34
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Thanks!  I have a great assignment.

Message 17 of 34
heirophant
Established Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

According to the rep on the phone, All of the Bankamericard Travel Rewards cards have a chip.

Post back here when you get the card and let us know if it, indeed, has a chip.  I am looking at my card and I just looked at the website to see a picture with the chip, and I can confirm that I do not have a chip in my card and it was received last Monday.

Congrats on the approval.  Was it instant?  I had to call in and they just verified my address.  As with you, my arsenal is also complete.  This is a great card to end with.  Enjoy your garden!

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 18 of 34
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I went in to the branch, but yes it was instant.  That would be awful if I got it without a chip.  Then I would have to explain what I applied for all over again with a banking representative and wait for a replacement.

But I will let you know.

EDIT:  The Travel Rewards card I applied for is not a Visa signature card, so maybe you have a different card entirely?

Message 19 of 34
heirophant
Established Contributor

Yes, I saw that it was in a branch.  Just wondering if you had to explain anything or if they just said yes.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.