Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need credit!!!!!!

tag
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

I need credit!!!!!!

Guys,

Need some advise here I have two credit cards 1Capital One $750 and Orchard $2000 (Secured), couple of student loans not in payment and a car loan. I have never been late with any payments and currently have a 0 balance on my orchard and 300 on my capital one. I have had the Orchard for the last 2.5 years and the capital one for 6 months and the car loan for 6 months.

I spoke to Orchard to release my funds and make my card unsecured and they said they are still reviewing my report. Its has been more than two years and they are still looking at my report.

My current score from equifax is 715 and I wanted to know from where can I get a CC with the same or higher amount so I can close the Orchard Card, or if any one has any other advise.

Thanks

Ed
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need credit!!!!!!

ineedcreditbad wrote:
Guys,

Need some advise here I have two credit cards 1Capital One $750 and Orchard $2000 (Secured), couple of student loans not in payment and a car loan. I have never been late with any payments and currently have a 0 balance on my orchard and 300 on my capital one. I have had the Orchard for the last 2.5 years and the capital one for 6 months and the car loan for 6 months.

I spoke to Orchard to release my funds and make my card unsecured and they said they are still reviewing my report. Its has been more than two years and they are still looking at my report.

My current score from equifax is 715 and I wanted to know from where can I get a CC with the same or higher amount so I can close the Orchard Card, or if any one has any other advise.

Thanks

Ed

What are your baddies?  If none, you can probably get acard almost anywhere including Amex.

Message 2 of 10
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

No baddies but had high balances earlier on the Orchard but not anymore. What are the chances of getting approved for an AMEX and which one. Again my credit is only 3 years old in the US.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well most will tellyou what a good Amex card is and its going to depend on what you are looking for.  I wouldn't limit myselfto that card.  there are a lot of rewards cards out there.  This being said, I do want to clarify that this opinion is based on the lending environment BEFORE this current crisis.  Not sure what the requirements may be now.
Message 4 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, an Amex will cost you a hard on EX, a Chase a hard on EQ (probably) and a Juniper a hard on TU (probably).

That gives you some choices   Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 10
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

How about a upromise citi card or any other citi card and when can i hope to get my 2000 back from Orchard.

Thanks

Ed
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you app for any of the above cards, I would say its time to say goodbye to your Orchard secured.  They may offer to unsecure it if you thrten to close but if you get any or all of the above, there is really no point.

Unless you go for the higher end Upromise, the bennies are jst not worht it since they cap you at such a small amount on the regular Upromise card.

Message Edited by Brammy on 01-24-2008 03:51 PM
Message 7 of 10
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

If I request a CLI on my Cap 1 will that resut into an credit inquiry?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ineedcreditbad wrote:
If I request a CLI on my Cap 1 will that resut into an credit inquiry?

Usually C1 does not do hards for CLIs, its all internal.  however if tey even mention pulling an inquiry just say no!

Message 9 of 10
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Called Cap1 yesterday and asked if I was eligible for a CLI and got a 300 increase right away that brings the total to $1050 limit.

Thanks for the advise.

Ed
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.