Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need general guidelines to get CLI

tag
pgyagnzia
Established Member

I need general guidelines to get CLI

All of my major cc are stucked with their original limit.

BofA Cash Rewards 5k

Chase Freedom 3.5k

Discover $500

My Cap1 got auto CLI twice but it's still low at 1k

Victoria's secret cc also got auto CLI twice, now at $850.

I called Discover and Chase about 2-3 weeks ago for CLI but they wanted to do HP but I declined since my FICO core just dropped from 760 to 703 for charging 3.5k on my BofA. It's now paid off and I'm waiting for my score to go back to at least 750s.

The newest card is BofA around 1.5yo.

I'm not a big spender. I make 1-2 large purchases a year. I go on vacation once a year. That's when I see my cc's get charged for 'big' purchase.

Other than that, I use probably 1%-2% a month, sometimes less, and always PIF. I used debit card A LOT, but now I start using cc more often.

So do you think that's why the cc companies hesitate to give me CLI? Because I 'don't need' more credit?

What can I do to get CLI?

Thank you all in advance!

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 803
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I need general guidelines to get CLI

C1: Rare to get a CLI beyond the credit steps ones which looks like you received.

Chase / BOFA: you have to almost always ask for one, and almost always will it be a HP.  Discover someone else'll probably have a better idea on their individual CLI policies than me Smiley Happy.

Different lenders have different policies; in general the more you spend through a card the better your chances (imo) of getting a CLI, but it's not guarunteed at any time regardless.

        
Message 2 of 5
pgyagnzia
Established Member

Also, is fico app really not available in US?

Message 3 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol..
You just have cards with the banks that are tough on clis. Lol

My suggestion:
Use the cards more and keep pif; use leads to clis ime. Even if you revolve a $100 balance and pay $0.50 of interest, they will like that lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 5
pgyagnzia
Established Member

I plan on applying for AMEX BCE, and today I just got an alert that my score went up to 745. I might apply in the next week or so.
I also plan to ditch Discover unless they give me CLI. I figured it wouldn't affect my overall credit line especially of I get approved by AMEX.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.