Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help, I can't win :(

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need help, I can't win :(

Yes, you're right BungalowMo, I meant limits not balancesSmiley Very Happy.  I have been on some websites to see if I qualify for their cards and the ones I want ask if you have 1 credit card with at least a $10,000 limit.  My scores are attached to my siggy.  My util is still pretty high, 50-40 percent and I still have 2 old derogs due to fall off later this year.  No primecards with high limits for me right now, though I am anticipating joining the 700 club by June by cutting my current util in half and the additional 6 mos aging from my previous score last month.  I'm going to leave this alone, I don't want to hijack this thread.

txjohn, that is an excellent clarification. 

Message Edited by Kiwill on 02-02-2010 12:29 PM

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait till the derogs fall off, if that happens this year.  And work on paying your utilizations down during the wait time.  You want to get under 35%, which is a significant threshhold, generally speaking.  Lower is better....but at your levels, that would help alot.

If you can qualify for membership with NFCU....that is your ticket to instantly higher CL's than what you have ever had.

Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 13
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Yes..yes, that is my plan.  When the derogs fall this fall, my util will be no more than 15% AND I became a NFCU member last month, YAY!!!

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.