Did you mean: 

I need help! I have applied for CC to many times

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I need help! I have applied for CC to many times

@NewBreed wrote:

Hi guys im new to this!!

I know it isnt the smartest thing to do, however, i keep running my credit hoping to get approved for cards and i get denials, i think i ran it so far 17 times with in the last year and a half maybe 2 years... i finally have gotten approved for Chase Freedom after applying and applying.. i applied back in Jan and got denied, then i applied last week and got denied but did recon and called back door and they approved me for 2k limit! 

but what do i do with all these inquires!? im afraid that they have made my score go even more down? I am nervous i may have done something wrong.

Chase Freedom: 2k

Cap one cash back: 0.5k

Cap one secured: 1.5k

Hit the garden and hibernate for the next 2 years!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

You'll be doing yourself a big favor!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 38
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@LS2982 wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Hi guys im new to this!!

I know it isnt the smartest thing to do, however, i keep running my credit hoping to get approved for cards and i get denials, i think i ran it so far 17 times with in the last year and a half maybe 2 years... i finally have gotten approved for Chase Freedom after applying and applying.. i applied back in Jan and got denied, then i applied last week and got denied but did recon and called back door and they approved me for 2k limit! 

but what do i do with all these inquires!? im afraid that they have made my score go even more down? I am nervous i may have done something wrong.

Cap one cash back: 0.5k

Cap one secured: 1.5k

Hit the garden and hibernate for the next 2 years!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

You'll be doing yourself a big favor!

+1. Yep, the garden heals the new credit ding. Smiley Happy

To the OP -- Enjoy your current set of cards and just sit back to let them age. As the inqs begin to age and drop off, your scores will begin to increase. And if you use your current cards responsibly, they will continue to report positive information to the CRAs.  In short, the very best thing that you can do for yourself at this point is to do nothing -- other than to use the cards that you have responsibly. Think about it though -- how many things in life can be accomplished by simply doing nothing?  Smiley Wink

Do the above, and in another year or two you'll be in a great position to app for additional cards.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 22 of 38
NewBreed
New Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Not to resurect this thread but I notice you did state that you had 3 baddies (one as recent as the beginning of this year).  when you say you paid them off how do they read on your CR.  Depending on what they are etc just paying them may not actually help your CR score and thus help your ability to get a CC. 

Continue reading the board and find some posts that relate to your specific baddies to find the right course of action to remove/mitigate their damage.

These baddies are all more than 3 years old, i just recently paid them off in full, 2 of them show PIF/closed and one from Elan Financial Services shows Transferred/Closed, but i paid them in full

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 23 of 38
NewBreed
New Contributor

Hey thank you all for you comments everyone!!! i learned a lot! It all makes sense now just to sit on the cards i currently have and let them age... not going to lie, its going to be tough not to app for anything.. im dying for an AMEX, thats the card i ultimately want in my pocket book/wallet

I started gardening today, but late last night i applied for the Discover IT card and i would like if i got approved for that as my last app since i started gardening... we'll find out! i tried to call to get the status and it hasnt hit thier system yet, i applied after midnight apparently and it takes 24 hours.

Any suggestions on how the dicover card is or anything anyone likes so far?

Message 24 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NewBreed wrote:

Hey thank you all for you comments everyone!!! i learned a lot! It all makes sense now just to sit on the cards i currently have and let them age... not going to lie, its going to be tough not to app for anything.. im dying for an AMEX, thats the card i ultimately want in my pocket book/wallet

I started gardening today, but late last night i applied for the Discover IT card and i would like if i got approved for that as my last app since i started gardening... we'll find out! i tried to call to get the status and it hasnt hit thier system yet, i applied after midnight apparently and it takes 24 hours.

Discover is great for the 5% categories and 1% on everything else. Six Flags is 5% all the time. Certain stores will allow cash back when paying at register without cash advance fee.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 38
NewBreed
New Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Discover is great for the 5% categories and 1% on everything else. Six Flags is 5% all the time. Certain stores will allow cash back when paying at register without cash advance fee.

Whats the likelihood of approval with Discover, i keep seeing approvals left and right over here on the forums

Message 26 of 38
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The reason why you are seeing approvals for Discover is probably because people are excited about being approved. Most often denial are not reported as highly IMO. It should not take Discover 24 hours to get your information in the system- call now and check your status. On your earliest post you mentioned 17 inq's but 7 on Exp. hopefully, the remaining 10 or so are spread out over the 2 CB's.

I know it's hard to stop from applying but each cr profile is different. You have to do what's best for your situation.
Good luck.
Message 27 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@NewBreed wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Whats the likelihood of approval with Discover, i keep seeing approvals left and right over here on the forums

Do you know what file they pulled??

Also what is in that file?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 38
SCoach
Established Member

@NewBreed wrote:

So you came here for advice.  People told you to STOP applying for things.  You say you understand, then you do the exact opposite of what everyone suggests.  Chances are you will be denied for the Discover card just like everything else.

Unfortunately, all I see are a bunch of red flags here.  Credit cards are tools, not trophies.  You're trying to win a trophy and your team is too weak to even be in the game.  STOP applying for cards, use the cards you have responsibly, wait at least a year with no INQ, no CLI increases, or anything else.  Then see where you are at.  Based on what you've said so far, this probably won't happen, but I'll wish you luck any way.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx Gold | AmEx Bluebird | CSP | Chase Freedom
Message 29 of 38
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@SCoach wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

So you came here for advive.  People told you to STOP applying for things.  You say you understand, then you do the exact opposite of hat everyone suggests.  Chances are you will be denied for the Discover card just like everything else.

Unfortunately, all I see are a bunch of red flags here.  Credit cards are tools, not trophies.  You're trying to win a trophy and your team is too weak to even be in the game.  STOP applying for cards, use the cards you have responsibly, wait at least a year with no INQ, no CLI increases, or anything else.  Then see where you are at.  Based on what you've said so far, this probably won't happen, but I'll wish you luck any way.

+1.

OP, just cool it with the apps. It raises red flags that you are desperate for credit.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.