cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help from rewards guru's between Discover and Barclay, thanks

tag
Amexit

I need help from rewards guru's between Discover and Barclay, thanks

I am not at all saavy in figuring out which rewards pay best and I need some help.

I need to make an $800 purchase.

I am undecided on which card to use, these both have the same vendor and item in their online malls.

Discover and Barclay Arrival.

the discover is 5% as you know and the barclay pays 4mi/$1 spent at the merchant.

which is best/should i choose?

FICO's 07/07/2014 EQ 725 EX 727 TU 724
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I need help from rewards guru's between Discover and Barclay, thanks

Need a wee bit more info... The purchase what is the seller? Are you purchasing with the Arrival? If so that add another 2% on to the cash back. I don't know how long it takes to receive points from their mall as I recently did it this month, as well. Got the 4% plus the 2% of the Arrival.. haven't seen the 4% yet.. hope it comes soon. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
Amexit

@KennyRS wrote:
Need a wee bit more info... The purchase what is the seller? Are you purchasing with the Arrival? If so that add another 2% on to the cash back. I don't know how long it takes to receive points from their mall as I recently did it this month, as well. Got the 4% plus the 2% of the Arrival.. haven't seen the 4% yet.. hope it comes soon. Smiley Happy

Oh ok so it sounds like the Arrival is the better choice.  I thought that the 4 mile deal with the vendor superceeded the 2mile regular rule and cancelled it out.

But if I understand right from what you are saying.. I get the 4 and 2? ... which makes it better than Discover's 5

Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Amexit wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Oh ok so it sounds like the Arrival is the better choice.  I thought that the 4 mile deal with the vendor superceeded the 2mile regular rule and cancelled it out.

But if I understand right from what you are saying.. I get the 4 and 2? ... which makes it better than Discover's 5

Yes, it adds on.    But so might the discover, depending what it says in the mall.  Also, check for the vendor in http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/

to see if there is a better choice.

Lastly, for Arrival, you need to redeem for travel to get the 2%, so just make sure that that is easy.

Message 4 of 6
Amexit

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Amexit wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Yes, it adds on.    But so might the discover, depending what it says in the mall.  Also, check for the vendor in http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/

Lastly, for Arrival, you need to redeem for travel to get the 2%, so just make sure that that is easy.

Thanks... Sounds a little confusing.

It's for a 8x11 area rug ("rush area rug" is the item) for the den

The vendor site is Home Decorators

Message 5 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Amexit wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Amexit wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Thanks... Sounds a little confusing.

It's for a 8x11 area rug ("rush area rug" is the item) for the den

The vendor site is Home Decorators

http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/Cashback-Comparison/?search-store=Home+decorators Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.