cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need more credit history, Help Me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I need more credit history, Help Me!

Thanks for the info! Do you know any sites with the pre approval? If you don't mind asking which us bank card you have?
Message 11 of 20
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 has a pre-approval site.  but then again, Cap1 doesn't really give high credit limit.  The only credit card I have right now is Cap1 and Amex TrueEarnings.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know some pre approval sites but i recommend you to receive a letter instead of hiking those sites.

I have U.S. Bank Visa Platinum credit cards. I received a pre-approval letter from usbank 3 month after opening a checking account with them. that time i had about 12 months of credit history. My initial CL of that card was $7,000. requested CLI after 5 months and it's now $10,000.

My wife in contrast has a same story, just different CL. her first CL was $500 and now $2,000.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, should I see what I get pre approve for? Which credit place they pull? Will a store card help me out? I was thinking about target or sams club. Which one would you suggest or any store card? Which is the easiest to get?
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

macy's is easiest. almost 100% guaranteed to get approved. but CL is always start with $100. i have bloomingdale's, neiman marcus, taqrget, victoria's secret store cards. except victoria's secret card, they were all easy. but you don't have to apply if you don't need them. just be patient.

Message 15 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

bump for herve!

Message 16 of 20
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know some pre approval sites but i recommend you to receive a letter instead of hiking those sites.

I have U.S. Bank Visa Platinum credit cards. I received a pre-approval letter from usbank 3 month after opening a checking account with them. that time i had about 12 months of credit history. My initial CL of that card was $7,000. requested CLI after 5 months and it's now $10,000.

My wife in contrast has a same story, just different CL. her first CL was $500 and now $2,000.

Did they hard pull your CR when you requested CLI?

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is walmart easy to get or macys?
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's is easy to get. Opened in August 2009, asked if he had a major credit card (yes 1 Cap1 card) and gave him an instant approval for $100.00. Used it for a few months for a small purchase then PIF each month and they gave him an auto CLI of $500 in November. Have not received a auto CLI since then and  have not asked.  Only had Cap1 since May 2009 prior to applying for Macy's. Also was able to get a Orchard Bank in December 2009 with a $300 limit. Going to close this one next November because the AF is too high. I think you need to prove yourself when you have no credit. Capital One will turn 1 year this month with no lates on any of the 3 cards.  Cap1 gave him credit  of $500.00 when he had no credit history. Now its up to $1000. Starting to get pre-approvals in the mail but nothing that has made us take the bait.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they apply online for macys?
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.