Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need some help

Hello everyone. I was to thank everyone here for your posts and being so helpful when I ask questions. I need help again, and any response will be greatly appreciated.

I have 4 cards, a Macy's $0/800cl, a cap1 $22/1050cl, orchard master $237/1400, and an orchard visa $0/1350cl. I have a bank loan $1600 remaining on it, a student loan 6500 remaining on it. I had a car not with wachovia where the balance was 11,668, but the other day I refinanced with my credit union and they did a loan for the blue book value of the car which was 9,000, and a signature loan for the remaining balance which was 1500. My score are in my siggy. I know the scores will drop when the new accounts hit. I am looking to purchase a house by the end of the year. What is the best way to raise my score as high as possible is I can get the best rate available.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: I need some help

Paying off the balance on the Orchard MC should help. Other than that (if you don't have lates or collections to GW), a little credit gardening couldn't hurt. Let those old and new accounts age a bit.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

pay off the new signature loan and the remainder of your credit cards and then just sit and don't apply for anything until the house and just use the credit cards to keep them active and pif each month.
Message 3 of 5
PayingTheBills
Frequent Contributor

nothing wrong with requesting a CLI or two a few months before you start looking for a home loan.

Other than that, let time do the work for you, and keep your balances low. You are on the right track. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 540 EQ 517 TU on 11/17/08
Current Score: 668 EQ 726 TU
Goal Score: 760 EQ 760 TU

My Credit Repair Journal
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responded so quickly. I do have some baddies from over 4 years ago, with capital one. I am in the process of getting my GW letters together. I have one for rooms to go that is schedule to fall off this year. I will pay off the loan and wait. Thanks all Smiley Very Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.