Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need yoy guys to help me decide

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I need yoy guys to help me decide

Hey all,

I have been going back and forth on a thought and cant come to a definite decision lol. Back in june i got a chase freedom card and got stuck with a cumbersome 600cl. At the tine i was just happy to be in with chase. Now i been using the heck out of the card and have grown tired of making several multiple payments a month. I would really like to increase my limit but its gonna require a HP of coarse. I already have opened several new accts this year and have an obscene amount of inqs on EQ, which chase pulls for me. Now my plan is just to garden for the next year, so should i just swallow the one last hp and then head to the garden? Looking for your guys thoughts?

Addt info: AAoA is 2 1/2 years, EQ fico is right under 700. Now have 2 accts over 5k and 2 at $3500 and typically run 2-3k through my AMEX ZYNC.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: I need yoy guys to help me decide

Most lenders I have dealt with have not even questioned the hard pulls. Chase has not said anything about inquiries or new accounts whenever they do a hard pull. As long as everything on the report looks fine (low utility, no negatives, or at least no recent ones) you sould be fine. I say give them a high number so that they can counter you with something.

Message 2 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Its worth a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If they cant do it; call the backdoor number or executive office number.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 21
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Hey all,

I have been going back and forth on a thought and cant come to a definite decision lol. Back in june i got a chase freedom card and got stuck with a cumbersome 600cl. At the tine i was just happy to be in with chase. Now i been using the heck out of the card and have grown tired of making several multiple payments a month. I would really like to increase my limit but its gonna require a HP of coarse. I already have opened several new accts this year and have an obscene amount of inqs on EQ, which chase pulls for me. Now my plan is just to garden for the next year, so should i just swallow the one last hp and then head to the garden? Looking for your guys thoughts?

Addt info: AAoA is 2 1/2 years, EQ fico is right under 700. Now have 2 accts over 5k and 2 at $3500 and typically run 2-3k through my AMEX ZYNC.

Yeah kinda tough decision.  But i think I'd do it.

Whether it chase requires a HP or not, I wouldn't know.  But i think that it would behoove chase to increase your CL if they want to remain competitive for your business.  Your other CLs are way better than chase and they can cleary see that you spend well beyond the 600 CL every month and have to send in payment after payment.

If it were me, i'd be tired too of constantly sending in multiple payments.  And i'd tell chase that too.  Then if they denied by CLI, then I'd think about using my other cards than the headache of sending in mulitple payments.

Message 4 of 21
Omri
New Contributor

Freedom was my first card non-secured card, and I got it with a $1k CL intially.  About a year after I got the card, I requested a CLI, and they brought me up to $3k.

I didn't have many inquiries (I think only two EQ in the past year at the time), but my credit score was right around where yours is - around 690 I believe. My highest CL at the time was $2,500, and I'm not even sure that had reported to my credit report yet at the time I requested the CLI. My AAoA was around the same as yours as well. I say go for it.

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 5 of 21
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Damn chase is really starting to piss me off! I decided to go ahead and call in for the increase and the system flat out denied me. So I decided to call an analyst to see what could be done and that was also flat out denied.why? Bc too many inquires and accounts. I was determined not time give up so I called underwriting again and spoke to a different rep . This time the rep actually let me explain everything and she said she now understood better and was going to put in an increase for me. I said ok sounds good. 2minutes later she comes back and said she got me a 900 dollar increase. I wasn't too thrilled but decided it was better than nothing. This brought my cl to a whooping1500. So I thanked the rep and hung up . Then today get an alert notifying me of a new alert from EX. The original pull was on EQ so I immediately knew they double pulled me....AGAIN. now I'm just really irritated cause my EX score is excellent with only 4hp"s . The rep should have told me that she was gonna pull an additional CR. I think that since they also pulled EX that I should have gotten more than just a 900 cli. I have no negatives and have been heavily using my freedom with multiple monthly payments and always pif. Am I crazy here guys? What should I do now?

Message 6 of 21
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I'm on a tablet and see that some of my wording was changed around. The original request was pulled through EQ, and then today I get an alert from EX as well, telling me there's also a new pull there as well as one on EQ too.

Message 7 of 21
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

That doesn't sound so good. 2hps and little increase... If they don't fix it up, I'd stop using their card.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 8 of 21
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

i always go in assuming it will be a HP with anyone other than GE
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:
i always go in assuming it will be a HP with anyone other than GE

Words from the wise!   +1

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.