Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I never rec pre-qual from Chase nor Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never rec pre-qual from Chase nor Citi

I have on more than one occasion either received an invitation to apply or an offer from the pre-qual website from American Express and Capital One.  However, never in my life have I received anything from Chase nor Citi by mail or through their pre-qual websites. How about you?

UPDATE: As posts were being added to this thread, I finally received a pre-qual from Chase.  I applied and was approved on 2/2/17.  You should read this thread anyway because it has useful information. I pray for financial prosperity to all!!

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
adelphi_sky
Frequent Contributor

Re: I never rec pre-qual from Chase nor Citi

I received an offer from Citi for their Diamond Preferred. Since then, I PC'D into the TY cards and up to Prestige from TY Preferred. I don't recall getting any offers from Chase. I'm trying to think if I received an offer for the Marriott Rewards card. Can't remember.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

for the first time in two years of trying i got my first prequal on both chase and citi last week, however, citi is no longer showing up lol

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never received prequals from almost any site that is worth having (and yes, I'm opted in) but have still been approved by Chase, Amex, and Cap 1 when I've cold apped

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to cold app for Chase or Citi.  However, I have always heard that one collection (which is exactly what I have) will cause a denial.  

Message 5 of 29
noobody
Established Contributor

I have excellent fico, hardly been preapproved by anybody.
Only exception been citi premier, i took the offer two years ago.
Twice in the past two years, i have been preapproved for venture, usually it disappeared in a day or two.
I cold applied for everything (but premier), have not been declined yet.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@noobody wrote:
I have excellent fico, hardly been preapproved by anybody.
Only exception been citi premier, i took the offer two years ago.
Twice in the past two years, i have been preapproved for venture, usually it disappeared in a day or two.
I cold applied for everything (but premier), have not been declined yet.

Very interesting!

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to cold app for Chase or Citi.  However, I have always heard that one collection (which is exactly what I have) will cause a denial.  

i have one collection, a 90 day late and two charge-offs, and am pre-approved on citi and chase

Message 8 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i have one collection, a 90 day late and two charge-offs, and am pre-approved on citi and chase

Get the f____ out of here!  You see, it all does not make sense!  I wonder what is keeping me from getting pre-approved!!  I have no charge-offs, a late pay in 2014, and my scores are just above 670.  I know my utilization is high at 50% but even when it was lower I didn't pre-qualify.

Message 9 of 29
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I get letters in the mail to apply for the Chase Marriott Rewards card often. With Citi I get mailed offers for the AAdvantage Card. When I check the Chase site it tells me I have no offers while the Citi site will show me I'm pre qualified for the AAdvantage and then 4 "additional offers" further down.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.