Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I officially hate Barclay already!

tag
heygirlhey
Established Member

I officially hate Barclay already!

I've barely had the card in my hand 24hrs and I already hate them. I've paid one bill and tried to make a store purchase today. I was hit with the "your card has been declined." I logged into my account and it said this:

During a recent review of your NY Giants Extra Points MasterCard account ending in 0317 we identified transactions that may be fraudulent. 

Please contact our Customer Security department as
soon as possible at 1-888-232-0776. Please have your
account number available when you call. Representatives
are available Monday through Friday - 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
and Saturday through Sunday - 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. 

For your protection, transaction activity on your
account and online access will be limited
 until we are
able to speak with you.

However when I called in they were closed and the  regular rep  told me "they are having problems in the security department." Are you kidding me?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
w003ptr
Contributor

Re: I officially hate Barclay already!

@heygirlhey wrote:

I've barely had the card in my hand 24hrs and I already hate them. I've paid one bill and tried to make a store purchase today. I was hit with the "your card has been declined." I logged into my account and it said this:

During a recent review of your NY Giants Extra Points MasterCard account ending in 0317 we identified transactions that may be fraudulent. 

until we are
able to speak with you.

However when I called in they were closed and the  regular rep  told me "they are having problems in the security department." Are you kidding me?

Yeah, I sure do hate when I'm protected from fraudulent purchases.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 2 of 46
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@w003ptr wrote:

@heygirlhey wrote:

until we are
able to speak with you.

Yeah, especially when they're not fraudulent at all. 

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 46
heygirlhey
Established Member

Protection from fraudelent charges is hardly the problem, wise guy. Not having access to the department to rectify the situation until MONDAY is the issue! Obviously I was attempting to use my card for a reason!

@w003ptr wrote:

Message 4 of 46
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Good luck OP.  Sorry to hear this happened to you.  Let us know what happens on Monday. 

FICO Scores 800+
Message 5 of 46
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Hey there,

I'm sorry your card got declined and they were unable to solve the problem. It sucks and I hope everything works out for you. Smiley Happy

However, I have the Sallie Mae card from them and they've been awesome. Great CS, fast posting of transactions and rewards, and a great website. I think its fair to give them a bit more time before giving up on them. I've had issues with them, but they've always fixed it promptly and professionally.

Message 6 of 46
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Yea, thats BS that you couldn't get in contact with the security department.

p.s. Don't let the troll in this thread get you down. Some people need to make themselves feel important and funny.

Message 7 of 46
Grabiela
New Contributor

Please call this number 18776831400 that same problem happen to me today and i call that number. They are open 24/7.

Message 8 of 46
heygirlhey
Established Member

OMG! Thank you so much Grabiela. 

How did you get this number? I called 3 times to the number on the back of my card WHILE IN THE STORE and the reps at the number never transferred me to this or gave me this number.  In fact the last rep who said he was a supervisor told me Id have to wait until Monday. WOW! 

Still not a fan of Barclay but nonetheless I thank you for this.

@Grabiela wrote:

Please call this number 18776831400 that same problem happen to me today and i call that number. They are open 24/7.

Message 9 of 46
heygirlhey
Established Member

Thanks grinlikechelsea, azguy13 and Leadberry for your replies as well. 

The number Grabiela provided needs to go in a sticky somewhere if its not already.  Problem was solved in 2 minutes flat. 

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.