Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I officially hate Barclay already!

tag
heygirlhey
Established Member

Re: I officially hate Barclay already!

LOL! Very funny. Thanks for your concern though. I'm glad it was resolved. 

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

It's Eli Manning's fault.....  Seriously though, sorry you went through that.

Message 31 of 46
heygirlhey
Established Member

Yeah, I think some of you (I'm looking at you barbaralee) are missing MY point. Again, I don't care that they did a fraud alert, I care that it was poorly handled. OKAY.  Secondly barbaralee, my "rant" wasn't hate FILLED. A hate filled rant would be me calling them all sorts of names, saying Im never going to use the card, etc etc. I simply USED the WORD hate in the title. You are doing too much barbaralee.  

Message 32 of 46
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Oh no, I got your point. You said you were transferred around, you wish they had given you a straight number so you didn't have to do the "walk of shame". You were so fed up and embarrassed you had to make a thread that said: "I officially hate Barclays". Do you hate Barclays because they CLD you? No. Because they closed your account? No. Because they did not honor some agreement? No... You hate them because you were declined and you could not resolve it on the spot. I think you ignored/missed my point, a point I was trying to make as tactfully as possible but since you are being so spiteful in your last post I will just say it: Get over it. If something so minor is enough for you to "hate" something then you need to seriously re-evaluate the way you approach things that do not go your way (or people who do not agree with you).

Message 33 of 46
12njoy
Super Contributor

@heygirlhey wrote:

Yeah, I think some of you (I'm looking at you barbaralee) are missing MY point. Again, I don't care that they did a fraud alert, I care that it was poorly handled. OKAY.  Secondly barbaralee, my "rant" wasn't hate FILLED. A hate filled rant would be me calling them all sorts of names, saying Im never going to use the card, etc etc. I simply USED the WORD hate in the title. You are doing too much barbaralee.  

I get your point.  That had to be very frustating not being able to get ahold of someone when you know your card is good.  Then to find out from someone here that you all you had to do was call a number and it was resolved in two minutes, but general customer service couldn't help you.  Shame on them.  I think most people do get your point.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 34 of 46
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Let's just all take a chill pill.  I can see the OP's point, but I can also see that barbaralee had valid points from the card issuer's perspective.

It was finally resolved, and while not optimally, it all worked out in the end... 

Friends?

Shaking-Hands.jpg

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 35 of 46
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@heygirlhey wrote:

I get your point.  That had to be very frustating not being able to get ahold of someone when you know your card is good.  Then to find out from someone here that you all you had to do was call a number and it was resolved in two minutes, but general customer service couldn't help you.  Shame on them.  I think most people do get your point.

I guess I am not included in that "most".  Smiley Very Happy  Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the frustration, but at the same time I guess I would have just moved on once the situation was resolved. I am fairly forgiving, and a company has to really screw up, and usually many times over, for me to "officially hate" them.

Honestly, I think for this, I would rather "not" get it and stay clueless. 

Message 36 of 46
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

Let's just all take a chill pill.  I can see the OP's point, but I can also see that barbaralee had valid points from the card issuer's perspective.

It was finally resolved, and while not optimally, it all worked out in the end... 

Friends?

Shaking-Hands.jpg

I will politely bow out, I think I have exhausted the topic on hand. It's all good, apologies all around if I offended. Certainly did not mean to.

Message 37 of 46
12njoy
Super Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@heygirlhey wrote:

I guess I am not included in that "most".  Smiley Very Happy  Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the frustration, but at the same time I guess I would have just moved on once the situation was resolved. I am fairly forgiving, and a company has to really screw up, and usually many times over, for me to "officially hate" them.

Hi it's semantics that's all.  You said you understood OP's point, but there was some irritant in your's and OP's message.  I think you both are basically in agreement, but semantics keeps you two apart.  OP's not saying she "hates" Barclays litterally.  You're saying ok they screwed up and now it's time to move on.  Both points are well taken, it's the delivery of both points which must have offended the two of you.  That's my two cents anyway.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 38 of 46
myjourney
Super Contributor

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 39 of 46
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@heygirlhey wrote:

Hi it's semantics that's all.  You said you understood OP's point, but there was some irritant in your's and OP's message.  I think you both are basically in agreement, but semantics keeps you two apart.  OP's not saying she "hates" Barclays litterally.  You're saying ok they screwed up and now it's time to move on.  Both points are well taken, it's the delivery of both points which must have offended the two of you.  That's my two cents anyway.

I am sure there is a lot of truth to this. I try to say things carefully, but am not always the best with words. 

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.