cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I only have 58 More points to go until I get a perfect 850 FICO score!!

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: I only have 58 More points to go until I get a perfect 850 FICO score!!

After reviewing several thousand credit reports during my 30 years in the mortgage business i only saw one 850 score!  I was financing a first time home buyer at the time.  Many years on the same job.  Long time credit history.  Perfect pay history with no debts at all!  No inquiries on the report either.  Sounds simple enough but doing the above could be difficult for most! 

Message 21 of 33
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@namvet wrote:

After reviewing several thousand credit reports during my 30 years in the mortgage business i only saw one 850 score!  I was financing a first time home buyer at the time.  Many years on the same job.  Long time credit history.  Perfect pay history with no debts at all!  No inquiries on the report either.  Sounds simple enough but doing the above could be difficult for most! 

i hear that!

Message 22 of 33
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

CWilliams78,  

Has your Mercedes AmEx reported to the CRAs yet?

I apped and was approved, when it was first introduced in august; yet it's not appearing on my credit reports yet (3 months later).

After yet another worthless conversation with the AmEx Credit Bureau Reporting unit earlier today; they can't even tell me if they report the card to the CRAs, or not. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 23 of 33
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, for what it's worth, you're already where I'd love to be! Probably just aging of your accts and paying on time will get you over 800 at some point. Who knows what FICO requires for that?! Smiley Surprised

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 24 of 33
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@GregB wrote:

There is nothing you can do to reach 850, assuming you are referring to the either of the FICO versions sold here: EQ Beacon 5.0 and TU Classic 98.

Nothing you could do wrong that would ever get you down to 300 either.

You actually can pass 840 with TU Classic 98.

Not true. According to a high level spokesperson here at myFICO both those scores run from 300-850 so yes a person can reach 850.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 25 of 33
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, My experian Credit Score is 794, trans union is 792 and equifax is 794 and my FICO is 792

May I ask where you got your scores?

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 26 of 33
jonmyers
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Other than paying off my debt, and never missing any payments for anything, what can I do to get to my 850 Credit Score quickly? 

How's your util?

I sit in the high 700's.  I got the free trial of scorewatch earlier in the year and was able to break the 800's (815 I think?) by playing around a bit.  The most change I was able to make in a short amount of time was a game I like to call, "The Utilization Game."  In case you haven't heard (it's brought up many times here on myfico), you play the game like this:  Pay off all cards except one before they post; let the single card post between 1-9%. 

Nothing else gave me a quick boost in score.  Some info about me: Two revolving CC I've had for 10 years (12.5k total limit), one mortgage I've had for 2 years, one hard inquiry from a year ago, no baddies.  The only other things I could have done would have been long term: let my accounts age, open a new and different type of debt to vary credit (which would actually hurt my score in the short term by affecting my AAoA), ask for increased limits on my cards (which gives a short term ding on inq's.)   Util was the only thing that I could do.

You should know, that even if you hit 850, you probably won't stay there for long.  The score changes daily.

jonmyers

Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read this article last yr in Money Magazine - "The quest for the perfect credit score." I never forgot it. It's an elusive dream, a perfect score, but good luck. Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 33
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I read this article last yr in Money Magazine - "The quest for the perfect credit score." I never forgot it. It's an elusive dream, a perfect score, but good luck. Smiley Happy

never stop trying i saySmiley Surprised

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got them through "TrueCredit" Its a service offered by Transunion. I've used it for quite a while. It gives you credit scores, reports, solutions, advise, lots of well used 'stuff'. 

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.