cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I opened up a Wal-Mart Card this month that I used to have dating back to 2003..

tag
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

I opened up a Wal-Mart Card this month that I used to have dating back to 2003..

Do I get the account history for AAoA and Total Credit History dating back to 2003 now?!!?  I noticed they didn't open up a new tradline on my TU report!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I opened up a Wal-Mart Card this month that I used to have dating back to 2003..

I'm confused. How do you "open up" a Walmart card that you "used to have"?

If you applied and were approved today, it will take a while for the new TL to show up on your report.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Re: I opened up a Wal-Mart Card this month that I used to have dating back to 2003..

closed it yeara ago. and you are wrong. it was opened saturday and started reporting today
Message 3 of 8
learnin113
Established Contributor

Odd

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They backdated the card? That's really, really surprising. I thought only Amex did that. But hey, you shouldn't complain, it'll help you out anyway.

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Ortz33__ wrote:
closed it yeara ago. and you are wrong. it was opened saturday and started reporting today

Well, OK, I'm glad it's reporting already. Smiley Happy I was referring to your original post where you said:

@Ortz33__ wrote:

...  I noticed they didn't open up a new tradline on my TU report!

I thought that you said that it didn't open up a new TL. So was the old one reporting, but showing as closed, and now it shows as open?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I think the op is confused. I highly doubt it is backdated. Never heard of gemb backdating from an old account being closed
amazon
Message 7 of 8
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

To my knowledge backdating is exclusive to AMEX.  Doubtful GEMB would open an old tradeline, think you will find it will be a new TL with new history.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.