Established Contributor
ChesterPDexter

Re: I paid off and closed PayPal Smart Connect today

Don't lose hope.  In this thread I said above that they would never budge on my $700 CL.  Recently I hit the button and got an increase to over a thousand or 2 thousand (I can't even remember - that's how much I care about Paypal Smart Connect - it's  a placeholder in my credit report, expanding my available credit.)  I was shocked, though.  I was about to close the card but I won't now.

The way I use it is just to buy little things on Ebay now and then and pay the bill promptly.  I certainly don't need $1,000+ of credit with them but I'm glad to have it now..

I just checked - it's $2,200 and was $700 a few weeks ago.  No increases over a year of two of trying and then a sudden large increase.

Re: I paid off and closed PayPal Smart Connect today

gbishere wrote:

huh? why are you talking to a rep? just do it online and its clockwork every 4 statements...

Ha ha ha, I've had mine just about a year, used it a lot for the first 7 months PIF every month started with a 500CL, hit the luv button after every 4th statement posted, they gave me a 125CLI  over 4 months ago, hit the luv button last week I believe and got a letter in the mail a week later that said "You do not have enough experience at your current CL" LOL Really?????????????

Hey GEMB Look at my Scores/Reports my AAoA's are over 7 yrs on all 3, 1% util, 43,750 Total revolving credit, perfect credit reports and GEMB will not trust me with more than a 625CL???

Its funny how some CCC's love you and some will hate you, like AmEx loves me, I have 4 AmEx CC's BoA loves me, card opened 5/11 5000 starting CL had the card 3 months, ran one purchase thru it (1749.26 PIF before the due date) asked for a 5000CLI, instant approval, but GEMB, I can't get a dime from them. GEMB hates me, it's that simple.

Starting Score: 583
Current Score: 3-03-12-EQ-802 TU-806 EX-798 (EQ Beacon 9: 804 Lender Pull 3-08-12) All FICO's
Goal Score: 800+ across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+