Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

I pissed off AMEX

Didn't pay late or anything, just decided to shop for a zero percent interest deal at the same time the owner of a card that I am a AU on had major car issues and had a 95% UTL on the card, even so my total UTL is only 14% max utl on any of my cards was about 30%, AMEX CLD me to 2700 from 6000.  

Good thing chase gave me a slate card with 3k limit, so my UTL wont be effected much but still no zero percent interest deal... may have to BT to my 12% APR card, at least it has no BT fees and pay them down quickly. 

Barclays and BOA still have not sent me a denial letter yet in the mail, and B of A can't find my APP via the application status page, ... not sure I want to recon Barclays they are far easier than AMEX to piss off they were kind of a hell marry AP anyway. 

Off to the garden.. before I do any more harm need to pay all my debt off down to 1% and perhaps run a few thousand through my AMEX cards and perhaps AMEX will give me a CLI back to what I had before. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: I pissed off AMEX

Why wouldnt you want to recon for Barclay? They are great with recon, they probably just want to verify info or hear why they should give you a credit line. If you already took the hit then you should try to get the card.

If you dont need to be the AU on your friends card then get removed if its not benefiting you at all.

Just sayin`

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Barclay is probably the easiest to recon with.

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

Re: I pissed off AMEX UPDATE

[ Edited ]

Got the Slate card (3k CL) in the mail today, and according to all the paperwork I got the 15 months zero percent interest, the on-line interface also agrees with zero percent interest on purchases haven't found the the APR for transfers yet. When I was on the phone with Chase last week they said I wasn't approved for the zero percent interest, so I guess I got an early Christmas gift from Chase, and a nice bag of coal from AMEX.  Now I don't need to recon the others, I got the 0% interest, but now I am left with how do I up the CL on the slate card, I could ask them to move $1000 of my limit off my Freedom card, i heard they can do that without problems haven't tried it yet, ( currently has a 3k limit)  that gives me 4k on slate so I can transfer 2k on to it and only have 50% UTL, I wish I could get a CLI from chase without a hardpull, they refused to use the report from the same day, They said they would need to do an HP from another CRA and then mentioned I didn't get the zero percent deal making the CLI was pointless at time, so I said don't do the HP. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Amtrak 4.6k, & Freedom 3.3k & Slate 3.3k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & AMEX Hilton Surpass 7.5k & AMEX Zync NPSL, Sams Club Discover 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne 2.5k, CapOne 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Seems to me that amex is CLD to a lot of folks... this may be an attempt by them to struggle to meet reserve ratios required by dodd frank. I wouldn't take it personally at this time.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

webhopper wrote:
Seems to me that amex is CLD to a lot of folks... this may be an attempt by them to struggle to meet reserve ratios required by dodd frank. I wouldn't take it personally at this time.

I guess this makes the NPSL cards a good thing :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

LS2982 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

as they say  ignorance is bliss, they could CLD you to be $1 more than your average spending and you would never know that they just took  10k in spending power from you untill you are trying to impress gf/spouses  parents at a nice resturant and they reject your card. 

Mega Contributor
LS2982

jamesdwi wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

webhopper wrote:

as they say  ignorance is bliss, they could CLD you to be $1 more than your average spending and you would never know that they just took  10k in spending power from you untill you are trying to impress gf/spouses  parents at a nice resturant and they reject your card. 

The minute they do that is when their card hits sock drawer. I'm one that believes in I could care less how I use my cards, if i'm paying ontime with YOU and EVERYONE ELSE don't worry about what the others are getting as far as charges.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
CreditWorld2013

This is one example of why I don't really like Amex. I get that they can protect their business assets/risks,etc. Granted, any and all creditors can start doing this...I just prefer the other lenders that don't go to such drastic methods as often as Amex or Barclays with AA. 

Frequent Contributor
bluesnowman

I hear ya, but you have to tread carefully with every lender. AMEX is just doing what they do as a business, but if they did that with me, their card is getting sockdrawered. I have other creditors who wont go crazy and watch me like a hawk all the time. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.-1,000. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13), Citi: Forward- 3k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP). Discover: More- 2k. 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14). Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 2.4k. Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-4k.12/8/13. Last App: 1/8/14.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+