Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pissed off AMEX

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I pissed off AMEX

Didn't pay late or anything, just decided to shop for a zero percent interest deal at the same time the owner of a card that I am a AU on had major car issues and had a 95% UTL on the card, even so my total UTL is only 14% max utl on any of my cards was about 30%, AMEX CLD me to 2700 from 6000.  

Good thing chase gave me a slate card with 3k limit, so my UTL wont be effected much but still no zero percent interest deal... may have to BT to my 12% APR card, at least it has no BT fees and pay them down quickly. 

Barclays and BOA still have not sent me a denial letter yet in the mail, and B of A can't find my APP via the application status page, ... not sure I want to recon Barclays they are far easier than AMEX to piss off they were kind of a hell marry AP anyway. 

Off to the garden.. before I do any more harm need to pay all my debt off down to 1% and perhaps run a few thousand through my AMEX cards and perhaps AMEX will give me a CLI back to what I had before. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: I pissed off AMEX

Why wouldnt you want to recon for Barclay? They are great with recon, they probably just want to verify info or hear why they should give you a credit line. If you already took the hit then you should try to get the card.

If you dont need to be the AU on your friends card then get removed if its not benefiting you at all.

Just sayin`

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Barclay is probably the easiest to recon with.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 3 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: I pissed off AMEX UPDATE

Got the Slate card (3k CL) in the mail today, and according to all the paperwork I got the 15 months zero percent interest, the on-line interface also agrees with zero percent interest on purchases haven't found the the APR for transfers yet. When I was on the phone with Chase last week they said I wasn't approved for the zero percent interest, so I guess I got an early Christmas gift from Chase, and a nice bag of coal from AMEX.  Now I don't need to recon the others, I got the 0% interest, but now I am left with how do I up the CL on the slate card, I could ask them to move $1000 of my limit off my Freedom card, i heard they can do that without problems haven't tried it yet, ( currently has a 3k limit)  that gives me 4k on slate so I can transfer 2k on to it and only have 50% UTL, I wish I could get a CLI from chase without a hardpull, they refused to use the report from the same day, They said they would need to do an HP from another CRA and then mentioned I didn't get the zero percent deal making the CLI was pointless at time, so I said don't do the HP. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Message 4 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Seems to me that amex is CLD to a lot of folks... this may be an attempt by them to struggle to meet reserve ratios required by dodd frank. I wouldn't take it personally at this time.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Seems to me that amex is CLD to a lot of folks... this may be an attempt by them to struggle to meet reserve ratios required by dodd frank. I wouldn't take it personally at this time.

I guess this makes the NPSL cards a good thing Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

as they say  ignorance is bliss, they could CLD you to be $1 more than your average spending and you would never know that they just took  10k in spending power from you untill you are trying to impress gf/spouses  parents at a nice resturant and they reject your card. 

Message 7 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

as they say  ignorance is bliss, they could CLD you to be $1 more than your average spending and you would never know that they just took  10k in spending power from you untill you are trying to impress gf/spouses  parents at a nice resturant and they reject your card. 

The minute they do that is when their card hits sock drawer. I'm one that believes in I could care less how I use my cards, if i'm paying ontime with YOU and EVERYONE ELSE don't worry about what the others are getting as far as charges.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 11
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

This is one example of why I don't really like Amex. I get that they can protect their business assets/risks,etc. Granted, any and all creditors can start doing this...I just prefer the other lenders that don't go to such drastic methods as often as Amex or Barclays with AA. 

Message 9 of 11
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

I hear ya, but you have to tread carefully with every lender. AMEX is just doing what they do as a business, but if they did that with me, their card is getting sockdrawered. I have other creditors who wont go crazy and watch me like a hawk all the time. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.