Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pray that my testimony encourages others

tag
PastorH
Contributor

I pray that my testimony encourages others

I subscribed to myFICO in September, 2013.  At that time I had a couple of old credit cards with balance, a 30yr mortgage, and a FICO score of 689.  I began to review posts on this site and to ask for advice.  I got some good counsel and made some good friends.  Early on, I got an AMEX Green (wanted the Classic) and a Chase Freedom. (Low CL)  As time went on, I applied for credit wisely, (as per myFICO) and applied what I thought was the most important advice received - Pay-in-Full every month.  My Credit Scores (FICO and the 3 Bureaus) and CLs consistently increased, and my utilization decreased. i eventually applied and was approved for an AMEX BCE, Discover, a Visa and MC with my local bank. I also refinanced my mortgage down to a 15yr mortgage at half the interest and a lower payment. I went into the Garden some time ago and haven't left. I currently have $49,000 in credit limits, (may not be much for some) and my utilization is at 3%.  Best of all, my quarterly myFico Score was 837 in May, but as of July, Discover and AMEX have it at 840! 

I really feel that the key is not over-extending or carrying much balance, to apply for credit using good judgement, and following the advise of myFICO Forum.

I am now wondering if there is any card I may want to apply for.  (Any suggestions?)

I hope that anyone needing it is encouraged, and thank the myFIFO Forum.

Many blessings to all.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I pray that my testimony encourages others

thanks for sharing! really inspiring! I can't wait to be in the same position!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PastorH wrote:

I subscribed to myFICO in September, 2013.  At that time I had a couple of old credit cards with balance, a 30yr mortgage, and a FICO score of 689.  I began to review posts on this site and to ask for advice.  I got some good counsel and made some good friends.  Early on, I got an AMEX Green (wanted the Classic) and a Chase Freedom. (Low CL)  As time went on, I applied for credit wisely, (as per myFICO) and applied what I thought was the most important advice received - Pay-in-Full every month.  My Credit Scores (FICO and the 3 Bureaus) and CLs consistently increased, and my utilization decreased. i eventually applied and was approved for an AMEX BCE, Discover, a Visa and MC with my local bank. I also refinanced my mortgage down to a 15yr mortgage at half the interest and a lower payment. I went into the Garden some time ago and haven't left. I currently have $49,000 in credit limits, (may not be much for some) and my utilization is at 3%.  Best of all, my quarterly myFico Score was 837 in May, but as of July, Discover and AMEX have it at 840! 

I really feel that the key is not over-extending or carrying much balance, to apply for credit using good judgement, and following the advise of myFICO Forum.

I am now wondering if there is any card I may want to apply for.  (Any suggestions?)

Many blessings to all.

Congrats on your amazing success, now go for the PenFed Plat Visa Sig and get that 50K CC SL limit. For you it will not even be an issue, they even gave it to a credit bumb like me lol.

Message 3 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I started my rebuild a couple of years ago and have come far, but this still inspires me!! Excellent job!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@PastorH wrote:

Many blessings to all.

Congrats on your amazing success, now go for the PenFed Plat Visa Sig and get that 50K CC SL limit. For you it will not even be an issue, they even gave it to a credit bumb like me lol.

LOL...50K SL.....that's the first time I have heard about this....new goal for me!!! 

@OP which bank/lender did you refinance your mortgage with? 

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I just have a ton of inquiries across all my 3 reports. Once they fall off, I should be well over 800. Thanks for the motivational story.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like others have said, thanks for sharing your story. It really does give other people who are in the process of trying to rebuild/build up their credit so kind of hope. I am fairly new in the rebuild process and reading stories like yours lets me know that I can get there with time and smart decisions Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharing your story , it definetly inspires me. Once my bk7 falls off next year and late payments from 7 years ago fall off, my report should be clean and then i want to work on reducing my current lineup to something more suited to my profile. I hope my continually paying on time, not looking for new credit and cleaning up my reports i can achieve a nice level such as yourself and some other wonderful examples i have found here on the forum. Thanks PastorH and to all Myfico!!Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 19
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@PastorH wrote:

Many blessings to all.

Preach

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 9 of 19
PastorH
Contributor

Thanks Monoglot

The re-fi was with my local bank here in P.R.  Thanks.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.