cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

Well i couldnt resist the temptation....appllied for the BofA better balance reward and gave me the 30 day message, called the backdoor analyst and a very nice guy said he had a couple of more questions before he could complete the application process. They pulled EX only. Approved for 2000!!!!! not much but my first unsecured major prime card approval based on Experian score!!! Just wanted this card badly i took the risk of denial and HP....now back to the garden...

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I pulled the trigger on BOA Better Balance Card.

Congrats!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 29
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

Well i couldnt resist the temptation....appllied for the BofA better balance reward and gave me the 30 day message, called the backdoor analyst and a very nice guy said he had a couple of more questions before he could complete the application process. They pulled EX only. Approved for 2000! not much but my first unsecured prime card approval based on Experian score!!!

Wow, you and I are in the same boat. I pulled the trigger today too. I was planning an app-o-rama bash for May but I just couldn't wait. I got the 30 day message like you did, called the backdoor immediately was approved for 5K then upped to 7.5K after telling CSR I want to do balance transfer for 6K. All in all it was a pleasant process. I think the fact that I already have a personal and two business cards with them played a big role in the recon. The CSR complimented me for been a good customer. I really love BOA customer service. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Well i couldnt resist the temptation....appllied for the BofA better balance reward and gave me the 30 day message, called the backdoor analyst and a very nice guy said he had a couple of more questions before he could complete the application process. They pulled EX only. Approved for 2000! not much but my first unsecured prime card approval based on Experian score!!!

Wow, you and I are in the same boat. I pulled the trigger today too. I was planning an app-o-rama bash for May but I just couldn't wait. I got the 30 day message like you did, called the backdoor immediately was approved for 5K then upped to 7.5K after telling CSR I want to do balance transfer for 6K. All in all it was a pleasant process. I think the fact that I already have a personal and two business cards with them played a big role in the recon. The CSR complimented me for been a good customer. I really love BOA customer service. Smiley Tongue

Congrats on your approval and nice limit!!!! I know i will get to those limits one day! Yes, same here, the CSR was very nice and even advise me to go check out MyFico for alot helpful info and tips! I told him i am a regular member on their forums! He laughed and congratulated me on doing a great job with my credit the last couple of years! Now Discover and BofA are my favorite banks! Hopefully WF will be the same if my card graduates next month!

Message 5 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

thank you all for the congrats! Im always thankful every day that i have found this site!...Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 29
tatterz
New Contributor

I've been extremely curious about this card. It soundslike like just easyy money. Let us know how it goes, I've been itching to app this card!
TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 7 of 29
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@tatterz wrote:
I've been extremely curious about this card. It soundslike like just easyy money. Let us know how it goes, I've been itching to app this card!

thats who it started with me...curiousity and just had to do it...lol. I will let you guys know. Nothing like getting paid for making timely payments.

Message 8 of 29
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

@NewYorkGuy wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Congrats on your approval and nice limit!!!! I know i will get to those limits one day! Yes, same here, the CSR was very nice and even advise me to go check out MyFico for alot helpful info and tips! I told him i am a regular member on their forums! He laughed and congratulated me on doing a great job with my credit the last couple of years! Now Discover and BofA are my favorite banks! Hopefully WF will be the same if my card graduates next month!

I agree. The BofA CSRs are the best. My most pleasant phone experiences have been with them. I've also had good experiences with Discover too. Chase and Citi are also pretty good. At the end of the day I think every one has their own individual experience with diffeerent banks. For the most part I like the customer service I receive from the big banks. On the other hand, I'm not too thrilled with PenFed and Amex.

Message 9 of 29
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Bahahahhahaha BOA blows imo.
Rude reps and too hard to get. I think Amex is much better; call me a snob, I don't care. Heh
Discover beats out Amex by a little ;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.